Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,539 Posts
I saw a ton of people with little mini dogs at Hot August Nights. They would carry them everywhere, walking through hotels and around the cars:eek: What is wrong with these folks? While I may allow mine to ride in my classic, they don't go near other folks cars or to car shows.

Randy

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
NO restrooms for them
LOTS of black walled restrooms for them unfortunately.:rolleyes:

Agreed, to much stress on them. I wouldnt take one. I love dogs, but a car show is not for 4 legged animals.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
And..

"but a car show is not for 4 legged animals." not for some 2 legged, either!
Kids running wild, climbing on the cars, etc, gets my psi up.... really fast!:eek:

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I have always been a pet lover. Dog's cats even a few horses. But I have no problem telling (not asking) car show attendants to pass my car if they have a dog on a leash. I even tell them what it will cost them if their pet jumps on my car!!

Don

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Animals have their places. Grocery stores and car shows are off limits. :tu
and restaurants...We will leave any establishment that allows dogs on their dining patios...and we love animals...just not in places we shop for food or eat...and especially at a car show.
I thought my friend Mike was going to drop kick this ladys little anklebiter after it lifted its leg on his tires, front and rear, at a car show a couple weeks ago...and the lady and her husband got ****** off at Mike when Mike exploded on them about their dog...some people have no class... and no clue that it takes a lot of time to clean a car up for a show...and no one wants to clean dog urine off.

Leave the animals at home!...especially snakes! I hate snakes...last year we went to the "Carnage on Larimer" show in Downtown Denver, lots of rat rods and Kustom Kulture cars and people. I was getting something out of my car when I heard this gal say "nice car" I turned around to thank her and about [email protected]$, she had this boa sort of coiled around her neck and arm standing about 2 feet from me...Yuuck!,

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Leave the pets at home!!!! We love animals but also fear for their safety at car show.

Risks include parking lot or grassy areas having antifreeze or other chemicals on them can be deadly for pets. Plus pavement can reach high degrees quickly & pets feet are not covered so paws can get serious burns plus pets can have heat strokes just like humans. Danger of getting ran over too or stepped on causing serious damage or death.

When a owner leans in to look at interior you can also get scratches from their pets claws on your window sills. Saw one car have a dog barf onto it's front seat as man held it, then one car owner had a lady he knew sit her dog on his car seat right after it had pooped & it scooted it's butt across it right before judging started. If looks could kill she'd have dropped over dead.

Then there is problem of pets needing potty breaks, I don't want to clean pee or poop off my car's exterior, carpet, or my shoes, or chairs we bring to relax in & keep an eye on our car.

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I have not thought much about car shows but I always thought pets, dates and young children have no place at a swap meet.

·
Premium Member
50,790 Posts
I don't take my dog and I hate it when folks have theirs sniffing my tires. Also dislike baby strollers, skate boards and bicycles.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ok It looks like am in the minority here..

I say If a dog is well trained (WELL Trained) does not jump up and or pee on cars tires. Know all commands and will obey and stay where we say even if a cat runs buy, etc. Its no problem...

The problem is the owners do not train there dogs well.. After set they give up.

Our boy here in wild 55 would rather be in our car than anywhere else alone at home.. He loves to be in the car and with folks..
Now I don't bring him to many shows... But he also goes to many shows and loves all the attention too

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50,790 Posts
My Kinda Post

NO:
Dogs
Skateboards
Strollers
"Cry Baby" dolls
Bicycles
Uncycles
Horses
Zebras
Roller skates
Belt buckles
Levi rivet's
Plymouth Volare's
Snowboards
Waterski's
Hamsters
Cotton candy
Hot dog mustard
Neon lights blinking under the hood
:eek:
Good post 55mike :sign0020:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Me and the wife are dog lovers... the wife always wants to bring the dogs to car shows. But I tell her no because pets are not allowed. And then dang it if doesn't happen we see people walking around with dogs.... This of course leads into a little discussion between me and the wife. :rolleyes: Until I finally get her realize that the dogs are really not having that good of a time. And also I have her watch all the other car owners act as the dogs approach their cars. DOGS DO NOT BELONG AT CAR SHOWS!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts