Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I rewired my entire car (1956 Bela Air) with a wiring kit from American Autowire. Now I cannot for the life of me keep an 1157 lamp installed in the front turn signal housing. The lamp will sit there and pop out.

My old 1034 lamps would fit the new wiring kit, but unfortunately I broke one. Now I'm left with the 1157s to install.

So has others experienced this issue or this combination of American Autowire and a 1157 lamps? Or is there trick to make this work? I'm holding the metal lamp socket while I'm trying to install the lamp.

Funny thing is the 1157 lamps fit the tail lights without a hitch!

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My answer came to me after I walked by my grinder. I filed the tips down that lock the bulb into the socket. Now the lamp fits and locks after it is twisted in. Hope my 25 year old can remember that in 20 years or more!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,387 Posts
That's the fix! 1157's pins were a little longer than the 1034's
Never knew that.....Now I'll have to forget something to make room for that one.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Never knew that.....Now I'll have to forget something to make room for that one.
Like that's gonna happen.:sign0020:
You Sir, are a veritable library of information!:congrats:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.