Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This goes along with the "What's Your Favorite Year" question. I know there is a 57 210 4 door hard top, is/was there a 56 210 4 door hard top. I'm trying to picture it. I think there is/was. Isn't this said, it's easier to ask than walk to the book shelf and look it up. My excuse is that I get to hear from the members of the forum.

Wedwagon

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought there was, the 4 door hard top, either a 56 Bel Air or 210, is the only body style I'd trade my wagon for.

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweden, do you know the dates of the Power Big Meet for 2007? Have they been published?

There isn't too many cars I'd trade for, if someone gave a boat load of money I'd sure go out and find a 56 4-door 210 and have them both. I'd have no problem selling my 940 X-Turbo wagon with the 5.0 in it to make that happen.

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would assume that hotels in the area of the Big Meet will have been booked by now. Do you think there would be rooms available 30 minutes away from the site? I don't think a 30 minuted drive would be too bad.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
They didn't make a 4-dr Hardtop in 55 but one of the better known restoration shops,I believe in Texas,built one out of a 56.They did an outstanding job....It looked completely factory.It was Turquoise/White and was nearly perfect.It was auctioned a couple of years ago on eBay....I almost bought it but am skeptical of buying a car thru eBay.I sure wish I had purchased it.Anyone else ever see this car or know where it ended up?

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think that was an easy task was it? I bet it was quite beautful when they were done. Do you recall how much it went for....?

Wedwagon

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
They didn't make a 4-dr Hardtop in 55 but one of the better known restoration shops,I believe in Texas,built one out of a 56.They did an outstanding job....It looked completely factory.It was Turquoise/White and was nearly perfect.It was auctioned a couple of years ago on eBay....I almost bought it but am skeptical of buying a car thru eBay.I sure wish I had purchased it.Anyone else ever see this car or know where it ended up?
I bought my car in Texas via e-bay, sight unseen and, OK I got slightly ripped off, I am very happy! Paid $6700. Next time, buy it!

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Belairmark,

Has your 55 been converted to right hand drive? If so what did it take to do the job? Can you get a wavier from the government and leave it left hand drive.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
My memory certainly isn't what it used to be but,as I recall,it sold in the low 20's....somewhere around $23,500 I think.I do not recall the fellows name who built the car...his first name may have been Mike.... but as I remember,he is in the Dallas area and is responsible for many of the best restorations in the country today.It seems there was mention of many of his cars bringing the top money at Barrett-Jackson.I also seem to remember that he was a prominant member over on Chevy Talk.I REALLY wish I had purchased that car and would certainly like to hear from anyone who has any photos or info.....Another one that got away :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts