Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
That's a really narrowed rear axle with skinnies on it if you look at all the pics further down the page.

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at the top pic. and see the coil-overs and the ring gear hump is on the 9 in.It looks like its too much to the drivers side or am I wrong.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sure looks off center to me. The perspective is pretty good to judge by, and the pass side coilover has more space around it than the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Has to be.

It looks like its too much to the drivers side...
In order to center the pinion gear in the car, the ring gear and hence the "hump" has to be off to the driver's side a bit, as the driveshaft tunnel is in the very center of these cars.

It's correct for driveshaft clearance.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,749 Posts
Could be just the angle that the pic was taken from....Looks to me like the photographer was standing a little to the right of center

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
In order to center the pinion gear in the car, the ring gear and hence the "hump" has to be off to the driver's side a bit, as the driveshaft tunnel is in the very center of these cars.

It's correct for driveshaft clearance.
yup, just centered the pumpkin for the A. Lots of floor clearance. But in a trifive you gotta think about the tunnel.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts