Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
49,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of my pet peeves but everyone selling a tri-five states IT IS A BelAir. I saw a 1957 4dr 210 on e-bay the other day and another user had e-mailed and told the seller so and the replied that it was still a Bel Air. If you don`t know what you`ve got don`t argue with someone who knows. Sorry just had to vent a little.
Terry.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I've heard some use the term hardtop because it's wasn't a convertible also. Whats the world comming to? :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Until about two months ago, I thought there was just two types of 57 chevys, Convertable and hardtop, with some being two doors and some four doors. I had never heard of a 210 or 150. Thus my user name. . . . NEWBIE. Since then I have spent hundreds of hours scouring the internet and talking to other owners. I now know enough to keep my mouth shut as much as possible and listen to those that are in the know. Now that I have owned my 210 1957 Chevy for a couple weeks I have gotten ALOT of grease under my fingernails discovered just what kinda things folks restoring an old classic have to go through to even start to get one of these beautiful cars back on the road and turning heads. I have a whole new respect for anyone restoring an old car of any kind, especially one doing it themselves. I have recieved very good feedback to my questions posted on this site and with the information from friends with the knowhow here locally, some old-timers at parts stores, and a few prayers thrown in to boot, I am thinking after two weeks of early mornings and late nights after work with a flashlight to help me see, I may just get my 210 running tomorrow. If that happens I will post the news on the site and a new photo of my treasure to go along with it. I promised my wife if everything goes good we might be able to take it for a spin tomorrow for the first time. She's excited and ready to cruise a bit. Sorry to ramble on.

Steven from Arkansas

·
Administrator
49,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steven no problem, i`m glad to hear your story. I liked the way you found it, and we all have to start somewhere. I got interested in cars at the age of 15. So i`ve been playing with them for nearly 30 years. My main gripe is people who own them and are trying to sell them and don`t even have a clue as to what they have to sell. Hope you get yours running and get to take it for a ride. I`m hoping to get mine running in a couple of months. Haven`t driven my 57 since 1998.
Terry

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Steven,
There was a time, not too long ago, I thought the same thing. If wasn't a convertible it must be a hard top. In my statement above I was agreeing with Terri with a sellers add.

Hey there is nothing like that first ride in your new-old Hot Rod! Enjoy :D

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
That type of ignorance always bugged me when some one would say "it doesn't matter". That is like people not knowing the right side of the car from the left.
Dave
Glad to hear that your project is going well Steven.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts