Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 20 years ago today my friend John and I took his pickup and trailer North to Wisconsin and hauled my 56 Belair back home... Since then John lost interest in old cars and sold his 56 Nomad... I still have my 56 and it still resides in my garage... When I walk by it I can't believe its not a dream and it really is mine... And the next 20 years? Who knows... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Renewed Feelings.

Dave, I know how you feel. I had a couple 55's when I was in Highschool. Life got kinda complicated after I went into the army and I just never had the time to get another old Chevy until about 2 years ago but I always had a love for them and a desire to get another one. Now, with mine almost ready for the road I have to pinch myself to remind me that it really is mine and I'm gonna be driving it soon.:) Happy days--- here I come! JIM.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
i have mine in storage and i drive there every chance i can ,and i have different pics on my desktop i look at every day and the really funny thing is every time i change the desktop picture i think it all ways looks better then the last one,but i have all the same pics [kinda like falling in love over and over so yea brother we are a special breed ain,t we

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yep-

I understand how you feel ,,sometimes i just go to the garage and look at mine:)
I'm with you - I do the same thing!! Lucky us!!! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
my 55 has sat in the garage for 11yrs. have had it for 26yrs. finally have the time to do it over,paint interior and engine. i know how you feel.
:anim_25:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Kool story! I got my 57 in 88 and through the years its easy to lose interest. 5 yrs ago I let my car sit and it went downhill from there. My mother got me back in gear and said "you get that car back on the road again because I want to cruise to The Run To The Sun Show". So I got a new carb, intake, distributor, etc and it lives again. We went to the Myrtle beach show two years in a row. Im thankful for her and the 57!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts