Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an ongoing project that I keep losing interest in. If it's not a tri-5 Chevy, I lose interest quickly. It was all original when I drug it home. I had put it on a 78 Caprice chassis, installed power disc brakes, and put in a tilt column with shifter. I had a 305/350 trans installed and could put it around in the yard but used the motor in something else. I had the original seats and door panels recovered to look original and bought an Auto Custom Carpets carpet kit. I'm thinking of satin black on the main body and painting the roof dark green pearl. I'm going to Goodguys this weekend so there's no telling what hairbrained idea I'll come home with!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,035 Posts
Work your majic on it, Hafrod :anim_25:

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
know it will ba cool ride when your done. :party0031:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a soft spot in my heart for Buicks, my Dad bought a '56 to bring me home from the hospital when I was born and I have a partly restored '57 2dr. hardtop and a complete '57 4 dr. hardtop parts car. I'ts hard to find the time to work on multiple projects.:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
HOT ride?

Don't old rides survive on old ideas? How about a old school lace paint job in original colors? But make it light on top of dark. Just visit the Dupont display at Good Guys see ya there.:anim_25:

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
One of my uncles had a '56 Buick Special w/ Zenith wires just like yours. It was painted a custom color that he mix and called '56 Buick Lipstick Red, it was one of the most beautiful cars I can remember. I loved the car but he would never give me the mix of the paint. I'll never forgive him!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Buicks used to be a good solid car.How do I know?
Back in 59 my father was going to commit suicide in a 52 Buick.He changed his mind at the last second and just smashed the heck out of the Buick.
He hardly had a scratch(of course that might have had something to do w/his blood alcohol level ):rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Hafrod, that would make a beautiful car. Go to work on it and let us see the outcome! You have a cheering squad.

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
Trifive Buicks are cool too:cool0010: Do it to it Hafrod:happy0030: Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
that old gas peddle starter those things had, must have worked off the neutral safety switch or else the starter would have engaged at full throttle. I wondered why it didn't flood the engine while cranking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.