Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just called them for a free catalog. from what I understand you can join a club & have free shipping + other rewards. anybody here know anything about them? always looking for good deals. keep the rubber side up & have a good day.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Re catalog

Good to know. Thanks dejavu , MIke.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Never ordered anything, but I got on their email list and I get something each day from them, seems like they have good prices and some unique items:tu

·
Registered
67,745 Posts
will have to check them out, thanks. :tu

·
Registered
535 Posts
Here is a statement made in another popular forum. "johnnylawmotors is part of The Hoffman Group. I found this out the hard way. Do a search on The Hoffman Group and then steer clear." I checked the Hoffman Group in a few web searches and I was not impressed with thier company, but I have not ordered anything from them.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I've ordered my drilled and slotted rotors from them and they are fine. I did not expect the dual bolt pattern but so what, they sent screws for both.

I don't know about the hoffman group. All I can tell you is that my drilled and slotted rotors are what I expected for the price and the shipping was was fast. They even called me to confirm my shipping address because its kind of weird.

I recently ordered a universal triangular link suspension and its about the same quality as the others I've installed for almost half the price. The only reason I bought it is because of the price I thought it was worth a look. I can only go by what I bought I can't tell you about what others have experienced maybe I was just lucky or maybe I'm just not as picky.lol

My advice is when in doubt don't buy. I always test a company with relatively inexpensive items first.lol

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I've ordered my drilled and slotted rotors from them and they are fine. I don't know about the hoffman group. All I can tell you is that my drilled and slotted rotors are what I expected for the price and the shipping was was fast. They even called me to confirm my shipping address because its kind of weird.

I recently ordered a universal triangular link suspension and its about the same quality as the others I've installed for have the price. The only reason I bought it is because of the price I thought it was worth a look. I can only go by what I bought I can't tell you about what others have experienced maybe I was just lucky or maybe I'm just not as picky.lol

My advice is when in doubt don't buy. I always test a company with small items first.lol
Better keep an eye on those rotors, they will crack between stud and hole, many have tried to drill an extra pattern and they always crack. I wonder if they (Hoffman) did that in house because all rotors I have ever seen have strengthening ribs between the studs on the back side which makes drilling an additional pattern impossible without grinding away the ribs.
Be careful.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Better keep an eye on those rotors, they will crack between stud and hole, many have tried to drill an extra pattern and they always crack. I wonder if they (Hoffman) did that in house because all rotors I have ever seen have strengthening ribs between the studs on the back side which makes drilling an additional pattern impossible without grinding away the ribs.
Be careful.
I've been running dual bolt pattern for years and never had an issue. Its very command to have axles and rotors redrilled to different bolt patterns. When I have that done to factory rotors and axles I do have the old holes plugged. I've had them them on many trucks throughout the years that had things like volare clips and various rearends. Many aftermarket rotors come with dual bolt patterns especially aftermarket mustang 2 rotors (granada rotors) which these are. This is not a Hoffman thing at all.

I'm also running redrilled axles and rotors on my 9 inch in my 55 Sedan and never had an issue. The car was build almost a decade ago.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Dual pattern on a hat, never seen a dual pattern with pressed in studs. Mustang II are Granada rotors, they make both Chevy and Ford pattern from China. All the Mustang II I see are one or the other. Look behind any quality rotor and there are strengthening ribs between each stud. Do as you please but watch those for cracking.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
True they do make them either or but its not uncommon to see them dual case in point. This is a rjays disc brake kit.

These are No Limit Engineering Rotor
http://www.nolimitparts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SS-200

All I saying is they are not the only ones that sale dual bolt pattern rotors and its not uncommon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts