Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
have heard that 68-72 A-body will work by reversing side to side and that first year big cars will also work but you have to ream teh tie rod hole. Haven't tried any of these but have heard of it. Disc brake brackets are not that expensive and if one has access to machine shop they can be made.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey gang,

I'm looking to upgade to disc breaks also. But want to add the 2in drop spindles to lower the car. Seen there are a few dealers selling these on ebay. And seems like most Tri Five parts dealers offer a set. Some dealers are lower priced that others.

I was wondering if these parts are made just to fit Tri Fives or if it's a common part for some other car that happens to do the trick. Sure would save a lot of shipping $$ if I could get em at the local parts house. Know these 'kits' use calipers and rotors from other models.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
To the best of my knowledge no spindles interchange. I used CCI brackets and bought the parts to complete the swap at a local parts house. Mine are manual disc and I spent about 300.00 total.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts