Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sup y'alls im scottie. im 26 from topeka ks, and i just bought my first 57.

the car has been sitting for probably 25 years. it was moved about 8 years ago to behind this guys house who i stopped at a couple times to try buying. he didnt want to sell it. so about a week ago my dad tells me about this bel air he found for 2k. turns out it was the same car. we got it picked up and headed to the car wash first thing. $15 later this is what we had. 2dr hardtop, 327 camel hump heads and im not sure what trans. i did some messing around today and got it fired up. sounds pretty healthy. to bad its getting ripped out. anyways found this forum thought id check it out.

7,082 Posts
Hi Scotty. I'm over twice your age and am really tickled and proud for you. That is a beatiful start on a DREAM. NEVER GIVE UP OR QUIT. Only thing better would be if it were a 55 :D:D:D. You own the most recognizable car in the Universe. Fix it, Love it, Put It On The Street So others can see it. NEVER QUIT. :wavey::congrats: Lloyd

·
Administrator
9,079 Posts
That is one fine looking 57 project, Keep it forever and fix it up.

Welcome to Trifive, I am also proud for you, at the young age of 26 you have the wisdom to buy the best car ever made the 57 Chevy, don't listen to them 55 and 56 guys, they are just jealous. :)

otis :)

7,082 Posts
Consider it more a question of taste Otis. :happy0030::happy0030: Lloyd

·
Administrator
9,079 Posts
Actually, I was always a 57 guy, but a friend drove over his 55 chevy and wow that is a great car.

Actually all three years are the best thing chevy ever did.

Otis:)

7,082 Posts
No argument here. Lloyd

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Hi Scotty
welcome aboard
good lookin project
enjoy...:)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
WOW!

A "running" 57 , 2-door hardtop for $2K?:eek: You done REAL good son! :tu Keep us posted on the adventure and welcome aboard!
JIM.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

Welcome to trifive Scottie... I was loking at your pictures and it looks to me that your 57 is not really a Belair but a more rare 210 sport coupe... The General made 168,293 Belair sport coupes in 1957 and only 23,092 210 sport coupes... Nice looking project car Scottie and have fun with it... Later, Dave

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi Welcome !:party0031:
This is a great forum, you can get answers to almost anything you can think of for you '57! I have gotten lots of great information from all the great guys:sign0020:

·
Registered
66,323 Posts
:hello: hi scottie and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. cool looking 57, have fun with it. :party0031:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello and welcome
I agree
The three years are the best thing chevrolet ever did 55 56 57

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.