Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally went and did it. After 3 years of casual searching followed by about a year of serious hunting, I bought a '56 210 4 door wagon in pretty good shape. It needs a little more body work, but it's mainly original and has a pretty decent interior. The 265 was rebuilt within the last two years as well as the 3 speed tranny. I did upgrade to an alternator, but until I move to my new house in Oct, I don't have a garage to do much work in. I've new to the classic car scene, and I've never really done much body work. I'm excited to learn and spend some time getting this car a little closer to it's original condition. If anybody has suggestions for the wagons, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Nick

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi Nick... I have 2 1956 wagons.. a Nomad and a Belair Beauville. The Beauville is stock with a 265 and p'glide and my Nomad is pretty much stock but has a built 383 stroker in it. Getting ready to add 605 PS and power disc brakes to the Beauvulle to make it a little easier to drive. Also putting in a 1987 IROC tuned port engine and 700R4 overdrive. I hope to make it a really nice daily driver.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I'll get some photos up in a few days.

·
Registered
55 Posts
congratulations on your new toy, the best of luck in building it! to me the fun part is approaching a task... read up on it, talk to some other car guys (we all find each other), get tools together, get something to practice on and don't get in a big hurry take your time and enjoy the quality time spent with your car.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! I'm casually looking for the "Right" 55 2dr wagon ....not in a real big hurry though!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Saw a '55 handyman wagon last night. Offered at $9500. Was at our car show last Sunday and it was at Tweeter Center last May. Still asking the same price. Did not seem to be to rough , but would prefer to get it up on a lift to look it over before agreeing.
Dave
It is out of my price range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.