Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site.am excited to start on my 55. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Inherited this car from my late father in law. It's originally black with red and white interior. Power Windows and seat,tinted Windows,power antenna,and a spot light with the mirror on the back side.265 with powerglide,oil filter option (originalmotor not in it,283 that's frozen up from sitting in a garage for 35 years)and extra bumper guards. I need to do a lot of homework still but one of my main questions is with it being a pretty rare car put it to stock or do what I want. Which isn't much just lower it and add more power. Other than that I love the looks of these cars either way.

7,082 Posts
do what I want.

Wonderful that it can be kept in the family. Think you answered your own question with the VERY BEST ANSWER as long as your wife agrees. :anim_25:;amin_111; Lloyd

·
Registered
845 Posts
Just found this site.am excited to start on my 55. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Inherited this car from my late father in law. It's originally black with red and white interior. Power Windows and seat,tinted Windows,power antenna,and a spot light with the mirror on the back side.265 with powerglide,oil filter option (originalmotor not in it,283 that's frozen up from sitting in a garage for 35 years)and extra bumper guards. I need to do a lot of homework still but one of my main questions is with it being a pretty rare car put it to stock or do what I want. Which isn't much just lower it and add more power. Other than that I love the looks of these cars either way.
:tee:Welcome to the site. Enjoy your FiveFive. It's yours now, do as you please. I would like to see some pictures, sounds like a really rare FiveFive.:trytofly:

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi bob and welcome. good to have you here. very cool to get your wife's dad car. i would ask your wife for what she thinks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's given it to me with no restrictions.he also had a 67 Cameron convertible that I will do first for her.I guess there is one restriction

Attachments

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Hi bob, i think you are going about it the smart way, by doing your homework and asking questions. Exploring what options are available to you, then deciding what suits you the best and going in that direction with your 55 build up. One bit of advice though, consider if you ever decided to sell your car and it was heavily altered or modified to only your personal taste to the point of being far from originality you could have trouble selling it for any where near what you would have in it. Save any original parts such as matching numbers drive train if you have it, bumper extensions not used ect.. That way you can do a crate engine or what ever you waunt and if you or some one else ever waunted to put it back original the parts aren't lost forever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kinda funny my name is lance. Sorry for the miss direction.bob was my father in-law. Just paying him as much tribute as I can for all the things he has done for us. It was his first car.bought her in 61.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nothing wrong there !!! welcome I'm new here myself and enjoying the great company and knowledge on this site glad to see u :blowtiedb:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive Bob:shakehands: :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.