Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just stumbled across this site today, I must say it's sweet.
I have a 1955 Chevy 210 Sedan with a mild 327 and a 4-speed. She's lots of fun. I've had her since I was 13 years old. Been hooked ever since. Just wanted to stop in and say Hi!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! Pretty cool that you've had your car since you were 13!What part of Missouri?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just outside Jefferson city. Right in the middle of missouri. My '55 was my uncles first car. He got it when he turned 16. Then, one day he calls and said he was getting rid of the '55. If I wanted it, come get it. two and a half years later, my dad and I finished the restoration and she was on the road. The family cars seem to drift my way. I also ended up with my dad's 1968 Chevelle SS.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome Jeff!
You're going to like it here. It's cool you've been into the Tri Fives since you were 13 yrs. old. The SS is cool car too! Post some pictures of her if you can. Pull up a chair and join in!

My daughter attended Lindenwood University on an academic scholorship. She also played hockey for them. She said it gets COLD There in Missouri!!!!!Happy Holidays!!

Tom

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I'm going to try to post a couple pictures here.

Here's one of the '55:

1955.jpg

Here's one of the interior of the '55:

1955-2.jpg

And here's one of my daily driver S-10: (don't get excited, it's only got a 4-cylinder in it) :eek:

1989.jpg

I don't have any of the Chevelle yet. But, it ain't much to look at. It's still in primer and has some old junk wheels on it for now. However, it will be a real gem when it's done. Also, it's a numbers matching car, not that it really matters because I'll never get rid of it or the '55. :cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pic sharing

Okay, I'm going to try to post a couple pictures here.

Here's one of the '55:

View attachment 344

Here's one of the interior of the '55:

View attachment 345

And here's one of my daily driver S-10: (don't get excited, it's only got a 4-cylinder in it) :eek:

View attachment 346

I don't have any of the Chevelle yet. But, it ain't much to look at. It's still in primer and has some old junk wheels on it for now. However, it will be a real gem when it's done. Also, it's a numbers matching car, not that it really matters because I'll never get rid of it or the '55. :cool:
I appreciate you sharing your pics with us. I especially like the gauge cluster in your 55.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That's a really nice looking 55, Jeff! Welcome!

I used to drive through Mo. from Wisco. to Ark. to visit my parents. I grew up in Minnesota and spent lots of years in Wisconsin. The ONLY time I woke up in the morning and my car wouldn't start due to bad weather was when I was force to spend the night in a motel because of a snow storm -- in Missouri! I remember having to wait hours for the tow truck with the starter to show up and get me started -- what a bummer that was!

I won't hold that against you, though :)

·
Administrator
49,371 Posts
Jeff, welcome to the site. Glad you got hooked on cars at an early age, i did too. Now as for that Chevelle, a 1968 Chevelle was my first car and man would i love to own another one, and i will.... someday.
Terry

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am jealous of the fact that you had a 55 chevy a the young age of 13. Man life is not fair:eek: Hey I say it is great that at 13 you had a classic chevy. Any way welcome to a great site.
Tom:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.