Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys...when I opened my hood the other day...I thought what else would make it pop? Then POW!!! I needed a bright red air cleaner element!
Check out the photos of the drab white one and now after I just found the box on my front porch and put it in. So my wife came home a little while ago and after she saw it she said, It looks beautiful and sexy! Im surprised you didnt think of one more thing to put on it. I said what?..she said - a sexy red nightee. I told her not a bad idea. She said you do and you'll sleep with her tonight. I said, "not a bad idea :sign0020:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
I love all the SHINY bling bling :tu

Looks very nice with the new red air cleaner.

You know what they say! "Chrome don't get you home, but sure looks good when you are broken down with the hood up" :sign0020:

Rick

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Okay guys...when I opened my hood the other day...I thought what else would make it pop? Then POW!!! I needed a bright red air cleaner element!
Check out the photos of the drab white one and now after I just found the box on my front porch and put it in. So my wife came home a little while ago and after she saw it she said, It looks beautiful and sexy! Im surprised you didnt think of one more thing to put on it. I said what?..she said - a sexy red nightee. I told her not a bad idea. She said you do and you'll sleep with her tonight. I said, "not a bad idea :sign0020:
She put the idea in your head,and then turned
on you.Sounds like my wife.:sign0020:

How about a red garter on that upper rad hose???:sign0020:

The engine compartment of your '57 looks great,
and the red air filter enhances it more.:tu:tu:tu

:bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb::bowtier::bowtieb:

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
It looked pretty nice under the hood before but the red filter did make a big difference... Later, Dave:tu

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its a little after 9pm here and my wife and I just watched a tv program in our family room...she said do you want to go upstairs and watch the next program? (we watch a lot of movies and tv our big, flat screen in the bedroom)..I told alright I'll close the lights and be up. But, I had to out to the garage and lift the hood to sneak another peak at the latest red element!
I came back to reality when she hollered down, "you're not out there in the garage are you? I said yeah Im putting stuff in the recycle bin. when I came out just now she said "had to have another look at your baby huh?
What can I say? Now she just came in and said...oh now you gotta tell all the Tri-chevy boys... but she said it with a laugh. I gotta admit...Im hooked on Belle and tri-five website chevybowtie-trifive:)

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
that`s great! NOW, try a taller one. i had a 3 inch on mine, with a WEIAND STEALTH, "high-rise" manifold, put some putty on the air cleaner to see if i had more room. sure enough, i 2,2 1/2 iches to spare. so, i bought a 4 inch.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Its a little after 9pm here and my wife and I just watched a tv program in our family room...she said do you want to go upstairs and watch the next program? (we watch a lot of movies and tv our big, flat screen in the bedroom)..I told alright I'll close the lights and be up. But, I had to out to the garage and lift the hood to sneak another peak at the latest red element!
I came back to reality when she hollered down, "you're not out there in the garage are you? I said yeah Im putting stuff in the recycle bin. when I came out just now she said "had to have another look at your baby huh?
What can I say? Now she just came in and said...oh now you gotta tell all the Tri-chevy boys... but she said it with a laugh. I gotta admit...Im hooked on Belle and tri-five website chevybowtie-trifive:)
Gotta tell ya' Johnny.......looks absolutely amazing! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to go back in the garage to get another quick "peek"....followed by a subtle grin of content...hell...maybe even a proud smile!!
Looks awesome brother!

Eugene

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Restorit: left the hood open so I can eyeball the engine compartment one more time tomorrow morning before I leave for work! ....Ok...I am obsessed!
But I don't want a cure!! :sign0020:

·
Registered
256 Posts
My 56 is known as "the other woman" around the house. A/C looks great. :flag6:

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am very fortunate Angelo...my wife goes to every car and motorycle show with me. she doesnt know what she looking at when I tell her I painted the center boltheads red on the valve covers...she looks at the radiator and all over when I tell her to come out in the garage to check it out. So I have to point them out. A lot of times when I do something and tell her about it when she comes home...later she'll say oh you didnt show me what you do to Belle. She talks to everyone that comes by at the car show and comments on the different cars. We listen to Oldies cds in Belle on the way to shows (I have a 10 cd changer in Belle with nothing but 50/early 60's oldies and doo-***. I see a lot of guys at car shows alone because their wife is simply not interested in coming. Its a shame because a person should do what their spouse would like them to do evern once iin a while. She is good humored about Belle and my motorcyle Thunder (68 BSA) which I bought brand new at 17.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.