Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ain't got much to say but did want to say hello. just getting ready for winter here in the north. built a shed over the last 2 days turned out rather good for using what i could find for wood in my yard and neighbors :) . now today i got to go lay carpet for a friend :eek: other then that just waiting for the snow to fly. can't wait for next year and work:D i hate the down time with no garage:( but hey in time we'll get it together and thats what i get for letting the wife pick the house :rolleyes: :D she got her kitchen though:rolleyes: lol but hey. ok well thats that so until next time take care

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Hi

I dreamd about my own garage for almost 20 years, before that i had to put the car outside the whole winter, we have a lot of snow in Sweden so during the winter there was no work done.

But last year we buy a new house and priorety nr 1 was a nice garage.

So dont give up, instead when the time is right Build your dreamgarage.

:)

Owe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice garage

that is a sweet garage hope to have one like that soon. have thought about the tent but also have been thinking of looking at even a bigger house with a garage and basement.this was like the only thing we could get in the little time we had. and we have thought about staying here and adding on but now she wants closer to town :confused: but hey it will all come together someday but first she needs to make up her mind. will keep you all posted and hope someday soon i'll have pics of a garage and 57 to show off here:D but until then i'll keep working at it. i'm starting to think she's working against me lol. i go back to work soon and she starts in about a bigger house.:eek: and wants me to sale my 80 trans am:( . i think my hitting a house in 97 scared her:eek: lol. so now she wants me to not have anything fast lol:eek: but i tell her the 57 is not for racing but for show to look sweet and be sweet. a place for me to go sit and relaxe:D but we'll see what happens next the bigger house or just add on to this one? but thats still aways away. thanks all

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hey Chuckynmisty!
I have owned six new homes in my lifetime. All of them nice. Now I'm nearing 50 years of age I have finally spent time and money making the third stall of my garage into a functional and fun work/shop environment. Raising children through College was the most rewarding thing(s) I have done. Now that my wife and I only have two college age children at home, I have the area and SOME money to spend on my Passion...my '55. Time is the only thing I need more of! Be patient. The garage/shop will come! Good luck! Owe! That is one fine shop you have there!!!!!Oh...and the car aint bad either!

Tom (55fazzi)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
in time

hey fazz your right and i think thats why i keep my dream. i know i'll get it when the time is right. family and kids first then after they all growen up and moved out then maybe then. but until then i keep dreaming and the wife knows if she wants to move again we will bigger kitchen, more rooms etc... what ever she wants for what ever reason and i think she keeps putting me off on the 57 till i am a little older and less crazyer:D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Checkynmisty,
I'm sure your like the rest of us in that family comes first. Although my car is a very clean "driver" there are many, many more things I want to do to it. I dont think I will ever be done changing things or adding things to it. This is why for me it's a lifelong project and for the most part.......I don't get bored with it! Be patient my friend......your time will come. Without hopes and dreams.............what is there to look foreward to? I dream a lot!!!! Happy Holiday's to you and your family!

Tom

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if the kids ever leave. My oldest has come home twice since she left the first time. Every time she's broke again. It is nice to get to spend time with my grand daughters though. The budget is tight now for a while as we lost the income from one of our apartments so she and the girls have a place to call home. I'm hoping for some overtime to buy parts with now.
Dave

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Family first.....Right Dave!!!!!
I know if I worked a lot of OT none of it would end up in the '55. So I just put in my 40 to 45 hours weekly and practice patience. I get killed in taxes with OT and end up with nothing to show for it except dark circles under my eyes. My Birthday, Fathers Day, Wedding anniversary and Christmas are when I get the parts I want. That is......if the wife and kid's dont need something more. Santa WILL be good to you Dave. Happy Holiday's!!!!!

Tom

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,833 Posts
Ahhh.... the Chinese overtime is what we call it here. You work overtime and they take out more in taxes than if you did not work the overtime. My ex-wife would make $21 an hour regular time, $31.5 an hour overtime, but after taxes it would come out to about $18.00 an hour. She started turning down the overtime.. LOL! Just concentrate on the things that are important to you and worry less about the rest. I had to prioritize the same way too.
Eldon

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
"concentrate on the things that are important to you and worry less about the rest" Well said Eldon! Happy Holiday's!

Tom

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sweden nice shop. My wife and I want to move and my only request is to have place large enough to have a nice shop. I have double car right now but don't have enough room for all my tools and 57. But then I will have this house paid for in 1 1/2 years. Man decisions decisions.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Wow Tom!.........Congrats on being close to paying off your mortgage. That is a huge accomplishment!!!!! I feel lucky in that all of my homes, except the first one, has had a three car garage. All but my current garage were storage area's for kid's bikes, lawnmower's as well as my tools and equipment. Not very much room left to work. I hope to retire in 3-5 years and relocate where I can cash-out on a home with some land. Then I plan to build a dedicated shop for my woodworking tools and my '55. Tuff call Tom. Maybe you could cash-out on a smaller property, no house payments, with some land and build your shop? No question about staying long enough to pay it off. You gotta do it man!!!! Congrats!

Tom

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Most of my overtime is no choice as I am a DPW mechanic. When the snowflakes start falling I get called in and remain there for 4 or 5 hours after the end of the storm. The year before last I was averaging 80 to 90 hours a week for a couple of months. The rental property helps with the taxes as most repairs are write offs. They classify police and fire as first responders, but they can't respond unless we clear the roads first. If there are heavy rains or high winds or snow we are out to clear the roads.
Dave

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
80 to 90 hours a week?????
You're a better man than I am. I guess if I didn't have a choice.....I could do it. Not very well though. Stay warm and dry.

Tom

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Our first storm last year(one of the few bigger ones) we had, We got off Friday afternoon at 3:30 and got called back in at 7:30 P.M. and got finished Sunday afternoon at 3 P.M.. No place in there to sleep other than office chairs, but no time for that. Got up at 4:30 Monday morning to start the week again. It gets to feel like blood money. Wife loves to see those paychecks.
Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts