Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I occasionally buy/build/sell a few cars as a hobby and one of my biggest obstacles is locating a car many,many miles away.Obviously,it's not wise to buy a car without seeing it so I used to often find myself driving great distances only to find when I arrive that the car being sold was grossly misrepresented.On another rodding board that I frequent,we often help each other out by volunteering to do a bit of leg work for a fellow member if something for sale pops up in our neighborhood.Personally,I've had several members check out cars for me and likewise have checked out several prospects for others in my surrounding area.Occasionally,someone may know the prospective car or owner personally.I have found this to be invaluable as I have saved myself a few goose chases and also have felt comfortable enough after getting a first hand report that I've concluded the deal without even seeing the car.Often times,this allows me to fit the trip to retrieve it into my schedule at a later date and assures me the car will not be sold before I can get there.My thought was that since we are starting to get quite a few members that this may be of interest to others on this board as well??

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for re-posting.....Must have been before my time or I missed it.At any rate,I am available to do a pre-purchase inspection If anyone is looking at anything in my neck of the woods....Be glad to help!

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,801 Posts
I would be willing to do that to! If there is anything in my area that I can get to in an hour or two, let me know!
Eldon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts