Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend, my wife asked my daughter if she wanted to go shopping or stay home and help daddy wash Christine (actually, my wife does not refer to her as Christine, rather the Chevy or His Car). Kaitlyn picked staying home with daddy!

First we got the soap ready -

Then we scrubbed the car down -

Then she was nice and clean -

And I let Kaitlyn take Christine for a drive!

Seriously, this was the first time Christine has been washed in a couple years...

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Hey Dad, that little girl you got there, Kaitlyn, she is precious!!! My only advice to all of you with youngsters, cherish them while the are young, they'll grow up one day and you'll miss those years... yes sir, cherish these days with all your heart and soul, you'll not regret it!!

Take care of that little sweetie!! BDR...:cool:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
That is what it's all about!! I use to love it when my daughter helped me wash the cars :) Now, she finds reasons not to, but still helps me work on the old truck...go figure.

Like BigDaddy said, cherish these moments...they really do go by WAY too fast...

57borntorun, I was looking at these washes, but to tell the truth, just love the old bucket of soapy water...brings back memories going to way back when I would help my dad wash his car, when I was the little kid :)

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Hey Dad, that little girl you got there, Kaitlyn, she is precious!!! My only advice to all of you with youngsters, cherish them while the are young, they'll grow up one day and you'll miss those years... yes sir, cherish these days with all your heart and soul, you'll not regret it!!

That is soooo cool that she wanted to stay home and help you wash the car.
Hope mine will do that when the time comes. She loves the garage, but she also LOVES shopping.

BDR,

Great advice. I try hard to treasure all those moments.

I really try

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
thanks for pics, your a lucky man. :tu

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I know I only have 8 or so years left before my wife and I become persona non grata in our own home.

I especially can't wait until the wife lets Kaitlyn ride in Christine or the Jeep. The wife is a safety freak, and anything without airbags is out of the question until Kaitlyn turns 13 or so.

True story - early on in our relationship, my wife needed a ride to the airport. I hadn't told her about Christine, and just drove over to her place to pick her up. When she saw the car, she asked "Where are the seatbelts?" I told her it didn't have any. She proceeded to sit in the back seat, with her carry on one side, and her rolling luggage on the other. I actually think she was scared the whole ride to the airport. Since then, she's only been in Christine one or two other times.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts

Amen to that. Couldn't say if better myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts