Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I need to install the cardboard kick panel insert which holds the metal vent on the passenger side. See photos
I need instructions on the proper installation procedure
Do I install the cardboard into the area first and then attach the metal vent to the cardboard or do I attach the metal vent to the cardboard first and then install the cardboard insert ?
what is proper way to install the cardboard into the area?
Are special fasteners required to attach metal vent to cardboard or will sheet metal screws suffice and what size sheet metal screws Are needed?
I will appreciate any written instructions or advice

Attachments

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I installed the vents first and made a mandril to make the concave rivet that attached the vent to the kick panel. IIRC the philips head screws of the vent attach the kick panel to the body. The windlace retainers need to be installed first as the kick panel goes behine them.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the vents first and made a mandril to make the concave rivet that attached the vent to the kick panel. IIRC the philips head screws of the vent attach the kick panel to the body. The windlace retainers need to be installed first as the kick panel goes behine them.
I’m sorry I don’t follow you . You installed metal vents to what first? To the cardboard or to the inside of the Body What are the winlace retainers?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
There are two rivets that attach the vent to the kick panel, and sheetmetal screws (phillip's heads) attach the whole thing to the body through the tabs on the vent channel (third photo). Perhaps you can use sheet metal screws and a speed nut to attach the vent to the kick plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts