Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYBODY USED THE KICK PANELS WITH SPEAKERS FROM CUSTOM AUTOSOUND. THE ONES SOLD BY H&H HAVE PIONEER 150 WATT SPEAKERS. THE ONES I'M LOOKING AT HAVE 100 WATT CUSTOM AUTOSOUND SPEAKERS(SOLD ON E-BAY FOR $45.00 LESS). THANKS

·
Registered
63 Posts
HAS ANYBODY USED THE KICK PANELS WITH SPEAKERS FROM CUSTOM AUTOSOUND. THE ONES SOLD BY H&H HAVE PIONEER 150 WATT SPEAKERS. THE ONES I'M LOOKING AT HAVE 100 WATT CUSTOM AUTOSOUND SPEAKERS(SOLD ON E-BAY FOR $45.00 LESS). THANKS
hi there i have installed the kick panels you are looking at i use to work for a shop the speakers from custom autosound speakers don;t sound as good as the pioneer the pioneer speakers are much better i use pioneer my self radio also i made my kick panels my self out of wood covered with vinyl look great . the kicks you are looking at are hard abs plastic .hope it helps if i can help any more let me know just pm me
have nice day:anim_25:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I had some of those hard plastic kick panel speakers in my 56 and I hatedthem... 1. Speakers covered up access to my dimmer switch... 2. I had the vented ones and they cut way down on the air flow on a hot day... 3. Crippled wife had difficult time dragging feet past speakers... Later, Dave

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,865 Posts
The PO of my '55 installed them in mine.....Don't care for them all that much.....Thinking of putting some speakers in the doors.

·
Administrator
49,960 Posts
I have been thinking about installing the ABS kick panels and speakers in my 57, but have about decided against it. For the most part due to the fact that the AAW harness moves the updated fuse box to the kick panel area and it would make it a pain to get to the fuse box. I`ve about decide now to just go with the 1 center speaker with dual cones for the stereo sound.
Terry

·
Registered
1957 Belair wagon, 51 HenryJ
1,878 Posts
I made my own kick panels out of hard board using new cardboard factory style panels as a template and fitted them so I have access to the fuse panel. I used small speakers to eliminate them from sticking out and being KICKED all the time, good day.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Haven't got that far with the BA yet but we put them in our Chevelle and theyy look great but had to modify them a little. also they make good targets for the feet:D. sound quality isn't that good. If we were to do it over. we would not use them.

·
Registered
1957 Belair wagon, 51 HenryJ
1,878 Posts
I have some more similar pic's, PM me if you want me to send you them, good day.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I BOUGHT THEM FOR MY WAGON,ALL THE COMPLAINTS ARE FAIRLY VALID, HOWEVER I LIKE THE LOOKS ,HAD TO MODIFY TO FIT ,AM GOING TO OPEN SLOTS A LITTLE FOR MORE AIR FLOW,DIMMER SWITCH HARD TO PRESS,I,M CHANGING THE AUTO SOUND SPEAKERS AS THEY ARE JJUNK,I ORDERED A RETROSOUND RADIO,,IT IS GREAT SMALL,GOOD FIT,GOOD FEATURES,IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A TRFIVE RADIO ,CHECK THEM OUT,,,DICK

·
Registered
14 Posts
vintage vibes

A vendor called vintage vibes in Boise sells the abs plastic shells only. You can install any 6.5" round speaker( 4.5 CHEVY trucks.). A little sound deadening material on the shells will improve sound. Reduced airflow is a problem, owners with vintage air or other aftermarket ac systems would probably be happier with the kick panels. I have them on my 56 with JBL 6.5" 2 ways.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts

·
Official Trifive Sponsor
425 Posts
I put the Custom Audio in my 56 and they sound OK, no great but OK. I changed them out for 150 watt Pioneer's and the sound is much better. The Pioneer would be a better choice in my opinion. My local audio shop said to get great sound from the front speakers, mount them under the front seat and use the best speakers you can buy. Just my 3 cent opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts