Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who sells the ABS front kick panels that have a space for speakers. I want to buy a set but, without the speakers already in them. I already have speakers. All I can find is Ecklers and they just list them with the speakers included.
Thanks Greatride 57

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I have never seen them advertised without speakers... I had them in my 56 for a while and HATED them... :anim_25: on your quest... Later, Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
belairdave,
Why did you hate them? Where they to close to the dimmer switch ?
I curious to know.
Thanks greatride 57

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
belairdave,
Why did you hate them? Where they to close to the dimmer switch ?
I curious to know.
Thanks greatride 57
Yes, They were too close and I had to relocate the dimmer switch leaving a hole in the carpet... I enjoy the air flow from my kick panels and even though mine had the slits for air flow you could hardly tell open from closed... Wifey is crippled and she had trouble dragging her right foot past the protruding speaker... One of those good ideas on paper but just didn't work for us... :anim_25:with your project... Later, Dave

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
I just spent the day..

putting the speakers in the doors, for that exact reason...I like the vents!

I also saw a GM recall on dimmer switches......The dlr is relocating them back to the floor, on the later model cars.

Seems they had reports of wrecks, mostly in TX, AL, where the drivers were getting their feet tangled in the steering wheel, and losing control...:eek::happy0030:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
If you put speakers in the doors, will moisture hurt the speakers, or do you get a special speaker for this purpose?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Who sells the ABS front kick panels that have a space for speakers. I want to buy a set but, without the speakers already in them. I already have speakers. All I can find is Ecklers and they just list them with the speakers included.
Thanks Greatride 57
I plan on running a set in the kick panels,East Coast Chevy lists them as molded kick panels with SPEAKER BLANKS specific for 57.

Not sure why the other guys are talking about the Air Flow this should not be an issue as a 57 air flow does not even come threw the shroud side duck.:confused0006:

all the best !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts