Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've all read the threads here about the kids today not being interested in older cars, and how they are not even buying the new cars like they use to. I've even read some stories of you guys buying your sons cars, and then the kids not being interested in them at all, and just letting these cars sit untouched...well, it breaks my heart, and I commend you for trying! :(

In my case, it is the other way around...my daughter wishes we could have a '56, or '55, but all the '56s I found so far were way over priced for what was left of the car, others just too far to make any sense to even think about shipping, some just simply out of my budget...and then this past year some medical concerns came up, so now constantly worried about that...

Not all kids are giving up on the future of the old cars, and if I could find a '56, or '55 I could afford this summer, we would get it in heart beat! She want's to restore it herself, (learn to weld, paint, upholster, rebuild a V8...etc) ...currently teaching her to airbrush, and she has been helping me restore our old 1964 4x4! :)

Just thought I would share a couple pics from yesterday's cruise-in...She is the first one ready to go to one! They fell in love with that old red Chevy pickup...think it was a '50 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
67,783 Posts
your a lucky man dean, but i'm sure you know that. thanks for sharing, looks like a great day with the family. :tu

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!
Ya, I know I'm lucky...and I thank the big guy upstairs regularly!

There's a car out there with our name on it...just be nice to find it sooner than later :)

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Great looking family and it looks like some nice cars at the show. Thanks for posting, I believe you will find the right '56 someday soon. :anim_25:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
:congrats:eek:n having a Daughter that is interested in cars instead of Boys it must make you happy, and get that girl something to start working on :anim_25:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Dean,
Having children who love our old cars is super. Your Daughters interest will last a life time and hopefully lead to you to find the car of your dreams.
Keep looking and have fun doing it together.

Later,
Kev

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great Pics

Hey Dean,

Your pics made my day! It's great to get the family involved the way you do.
Best of luck to you.

John

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Just saw this.

Great shots Dean! So cool your daughter is so interested in the cars of this era. And, so refreshingly unusual that she wants to do restorations herself.

I hope you can find something soon and get her started!

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Just saw this.

Great shots Dean! So cool your daughter is so interested in the cars of this era. And, so refreshingly unusual that she wants to do restorations herself.

I hope you can find something soon and get her started!
Hey Dean, I was directed here from your comment on our Science Thread... and I couldn't agree more with Roger and the rest of the gang on here more!!

What a great family you have and here's to your Daughter's bright future!!! :congrats:

BDR...:cool:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the nice words guys!!

Working on it Roger! She's such a good kid, she really deserves to have her own car to start working on :)

BDR, just like us, she loves to look around and learn...about everything!! If she sees a new bird that she hasn't seen before, she looks it up to learn more about it, and retains that info. Then she'll be hanging out with her friends, and she'll say something like " hey guys look at that cedar waxwing, or yellow warbler", and they're like what?!? ...too funny :)

Still can't get over how focused she is at becoming an Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineer!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts