Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a thread about a 57 dash lens in km/h graduations. It got me thinking that maybe I want one. I had checked before but had no luck locating anything....I mean nothing.

So, there was a shop in the thread in Sweden. I contacted the guy, although I'm sure he is trustworthy, he doesn't have paypal, no credit cards and he'll only take cash that I mail to him. Now, unfortunately I can't, in all good judgement, do that.

So it brings me along the lines or the original thread.....anyone know where I can track down one or two of these? A little help rorm Austrailia maybe?

All the other threads seem to be a dead endf.

·
Administrator
67,936 Posts
Most if not all of the repro parts suppliers get there gear from the states anyway therefore the lense would be in m/ph. There may be an after market style sticker that can be placed over the lense. I have not looked at the lense that closely for any k/ph. I`ll ask around though not to say there not available.

·
Registered
1956 Nomad RHD, mofified, 1955 Nomad RHD,restored 1957 Nomad RHD, still in progress
1,505 Posts
The Aussie lenses were in MPH, but I have found a few used '55-56 KM/H lenses here over the years and most were barely useable. There was a guy in Queensland who was reproducing the '55-56 lens in km/h - I am in Brisbane for a few weeks so will see if I can track him down. That guy was reluctant to try and repro the '57 lens because of the shape - I understand they are not exactly flat, can someone let me know if that is correct.

There have been other posts about the Swedish connection for '57 lens, but do not know if they are original lenses or copies, so am hoping that someone will chime in with the info.

Des

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Send a PM to Wedwagon, I bought a 0-200 '57 lens from him a little over a year ago, had it shipped over from Sweden. He'll be glad to help you out.

My lens was flat, but did not have the green shading painted around the edges like a normal MPH lens has. it was also slightly thinner than a normal lens. Otherwise, looks and fits great. A little pricey, but it sure looks cool in a '57 dash.

Tim

·
Registered
235 Posts
I´m from Sweden and I bought my km/h scale from a company here in Sweden called Norins, I was very pleased with the fit and finish, had no problems at all with their product. I´ll bet he can work something out with you, he´s a very friendly guy to deal with. Look at the link below: (it´s in english)

http://www.norins.nu/index_eng.php

Send him an e-mail and ask if he ship overseas.

·
Registered
1956 Nomad RHD, mofified, 1955 Nomad RHD,restored 1957 Nomad RHD, still in progress
1,505 Posts
An Aussie is reproducing the 55/56 lens in Km/h. They can be purchased through All Star Classic parts for $80 Australian. The 55/56 lenses do not have the green paint on the edge as original. If anyone wants a 55/56 lens they can contact All Star through their web site www.allstarcarparts.com.au

The guy will NOT do the 57 lens because of the convex shape to it, so it looks like the best way is to get an original from one of the metric LHD countries like Sweden.

Do the repro lenses have the numbers etched or screen printed? Another option might be to get the lens from the supplier before it is printed/etched, and get someone to create a transfer.

Des.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts