Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 22 I get a new knee, V.A. called today I get my 1st covid shot this coming tuesday .2nd one on mar. 6

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,865 Posts
March 22 I get a new knee, V.A. called today I get my 1st covid shot this coming tuesday .2nd one on mar. 6
I had both knees replaced 2 days apart in Dec. 2019. Best thing I ever did and wish I would have done it a lot sooner. Recovery wasn't bad at all.
Had my first covid shot, next one in a week and half.

·
Registered
66,978 Posts
had right done and am looking forward to when i get the left one done. do rehab religiously and you will be good. waiting for my turn to get my shot too.

Reactions: twin engines

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Just like our cars, how much we appreciate aftermarket parts to keep going. Good luck with the surgery. Fairly routine anymore. The wife had a hip replacement back in December. She is doing well.

·
Registered
1957 210 two door sedan driver hot rod sbc stick
789 Posts
just got my left knee replaced Jan 26. Doing rehab, meeting expected milestones of progress. Very grateful to not have any bone pain. My issue is soft tissue pain and extreme tenderness at tourniquet site. Still, looking forward to having right knee replaced late this year. Imaging showed right side to be much worse condition than the left. In fact, left knee was scoped and arthroplasty done three years ago and that was a mixed blessing. MD said barely enough tissue to perform arthroscopic cleanout procedure, I hyper-complied with PT and was blessed with eight glorious weeks of pain free left knee until remaining cartilage tissue came loose and ground up into painful swollen mess. Past is the Past and I can forgive the initial MD that refused to replace my knees initially. Doctors will rarely speak critically about another doctor's judgement, rational, or practice. The wonderful MD that replaced my left knee said upon initial exam of me physically and after having reviewed the old and new images generated to assess my problem that it was well past time to replace both knee joints. He allowed me to pick the left knee as our first target as it hurt the most and still was swollen and leaking enough fluid on most days that the veins in my left foot were hidden in the edema.
I am thankful and blessed each day on many levels, some that I am aware of and are in my powers of comprehension to believe that I understand them. However, I confess that on faith I am thankful for many blessings which are beyond my intellect.
Many of my posts have a quote which automatically attaches itself when I post. The post I used is a quote from a police drama which I enjoyed and admired years ago. I am not very tech savvy and have been trying to eliminate this quote from my posts. I sincerely apologize for its' use and hope that it did not offend anyone's sensibilities or beliefs. Luck, no matter how you define or interpret it frequently has nothing to do with 'hard work'. I consider myself very lucky, and do not wish to be considered as arrogant or flippant. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity and place to express and explain myself.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had 1knee replaced , they screwed it up so bad ,1st used wrong type of knee, I couldn’t even walk after 6 weeks ended up going to a orthopedic sports surgery center and they cut my knee open and fixed the issues and after a couple weeks it was working great . I’m was supposed to do the other one but the COVID hit and government said no elective surgeries, but know I’m having second thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1957 210 two door sedan driver hot rod sbc stick
789 Posts
I thought that I would do other knee (right side) as soon as possible after rehab of left knee. Now I believe I will wait until next winter. Rehab and the right P.T. person makes huge difference in outcome to me. I would avoid teaching hospitals where residents take over your knee replacement under the guidance of your chosen surgeon. Table and tourniquet time make a huge difference in both immediate and long term outcomes. Also research infection rate at facility, once you have replacement parts avoiding infection is a priority, pre-abx for dental procedure, prostate biopsy, etc. I have seen many of these done and now have one myself, I am speaking from experience.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hear ya on the teaching part because Mayo is that kind of facility once I was at the orthopedic fracture clinic things were completely different, they actually cared. Only reason I went to Mayo is because I’ve worked for them for quite a while and felt obligated .
Should anyone who reads this have to get operated on DO YOUR RESEARCH before letting them cut you

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mar 22 got my new knee, that night was the worst ever. Came home on friday I have a visiting nurse followed by p. therapy, at home & cna to help with showers. Staples come out on Apr. 6. This morning was very painful. Was done at V.A hospital in Madison Wi. I can't complain about anything there. Looking forward to some warmer days & being able to sit outside.

·
Registered
137 Posts
keep up with the therapy it may be painful but in the end it all works out for the good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts