Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions about knobs :p So... I'm trying to figure out what's right here. I've seen them (for the 55 at least) in black, chrome, and black with a chrome rim...

I always had the idea the black was for 150s, the Bel Airs got the Chrome, and the halfsies were the 210, but seems like most of them have got mixed up over the years? Or is that something different.

And radio knobs were always chrome? or something.

I've currently got an all black set on the 150 and an all chrome set on the Bel Air... actually, the 150 has a black/chrome lighter which is frustrating. :)

Anyone got a black lighter? Doesn't need to be operational, lol

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I always had the idea the black was for 150s, the Bel Airs got the Chrome, and the halfsies were the 210, but seems like most of them have got mixed up over the years? Or is that something different.

Anyone got a black lighter? Doesn't need to be operational, lol
That is the way I've always seen it on 55-56 cars also and the only difference between the two years is the outside 'edge' of the knob being smooth (55) or not (56). Can't tell you for sure on the radio knobs as they were dealer or cutomer installed.

Since the lighter was an option on the 150 I don't know if they even made one with the black knob, maybe you could put a black 150 wiper knob with the set screw on the lighter shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts