Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after finishing up on the outside work and putting things away for the winter I took the 55 out for last ride. I needed to change bays it was at in the garage so I can do some work on her over the winter. Always a sad time but on the other hand it makes it so great once spring comes around you can't wait for the first ride of the season. As I was driving a lot of people had that puzzled look on their faces because this time of year you don't see these cars very much.

So for the next 5 month's I will enjoy all of our warm weather friends stories and events they attend as well as trying to do some projects on the 55. Next on the agenda is to pick up a good propane heater so I can do some work in the garage.

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
sad, but you can look forward to spring. :tu

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Michigan is beautiful ,BUT I could never live anywhere I have to put the hot rod up "for the winter"... That and I would gain 25lb every winter...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm not finished yet. I think there is a lot of driving left. Heater works well so I hope to even sneak it around a bit in the winter. Maybe wishful thinking but I can dream.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Me to

Hello all, the wife and I took a little drive yesterday too. It was only about 20miles total, but it was fun. plan to make a few updates/changes this winter.
I was sick earlier this spring/summer and did not get to drive the 57 as much as I would of liked to this year. Plan to correct that situation next year.
Mike

·
Registered
678 Posts
Storage woes

I need to drive mine to storage this weekend if there isn't 4 feet of snow. I always get depressed when I drive her to storage. But as mentioned before I am one happy camper in the spring. Next year new carpet, new shifter boot and I am considering a new paint job.

I am trying to find a boot that is not too stiff for my Hurst Competition shifter. My mechanic says the new one is too stiff.:shakehands:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know how you feel, took my '56 out for a season ending drive yesterday. Way to many deer running across the roads for me!!!
Ya the deer are really on the move, don't want to run into one of those. Where I live I see a lot of that and it's seems to be always in the evening hours.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That is bitter sweet. Off the road but plenty of time to tinker! I will end up driving til Januaryish then freezing in the drivway while trying to do control arm bushings and still debating on disk brakes. Make the most of it!:anim_25:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
We all have had some fun this summer. As they say or have said. "It is time to put your toys away boys." I remember hearing that a million times . Mike

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
last ride before winter? really? does your car have a heater? I drive my 57 in the winter, just don't drive it in the snow until the roads are clear. it's fun driving your classic in the winter.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
last ride before winter? really? does your car have a heater? I drive my 57 in the winter, just don't drive it in the snow until the roads are clear. it's fun driving your classic in the winter.
Yep really, I have a heater never tried it and don't know if it works. Michigan winters are not for these cars IMO, snow, tons of salt and the worst roads around and the potholes make the tire shops busy. If I took my car out in the middle of January people would think I have lost my mind, :sign0020:. I will just put her to bed and work on it a little and wait for spring.

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
I try to drive mine as much as possible thru the winter but only on dry days. Our winters are not bad for the most part just cold and the heater takes care of that. We have our weekly cruise-ins just like the summer but we move them indoors to Hardies and CCs and DQ. When weather permits. It helps with the cabin fever.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Don't miss those Indiana winters for sure. People around here in the FL panhandle have no idea what a snow blower is. The cold days we have frost on the windshield, if your car is outside. It usually warms up to 60 degrees mid day, some times it stays under 50 degrees, but not for long, gets down to 20 over night. I have gone over to the darkside, I ride my Harley Road King more than my TriFive 56 Bel Air through the winter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts