Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been putting my rear suspension, rear end back under my frame since painting.. I installed a pair of TCI, 2" dropped springs. Every thing is new, bushings etc. I bolted on the tires and let it down,The right rear is about 1 3/8" taller in the back than the left I disconnected the shocks, made sure the traction bars didn't have any pressure on them, then bounced everything around to get everything seated, still cockeyed. Any ideas?

I doubled checked the front of the frame. It's blocked up with two milk crates just behind the front wheel opening, and it measures the same on both sides.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Do you have the full weight on the springs? It's possible that they may settle to the same height if the leaves are binding together. Bounceing on them may not be enough to let the leaves slide to the designed arc.
Again, I have a pair of springs that one is 1" taller than the other after 3 years of use. There is a 3" lowering block on one side and a 2" lowering block on the other side. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I bought a set of CCI 2 inch lowering leafs. I have a problem with the right side being 1/2 inch higher than the left. I drove it for awhile, bounced it awhile, silicone sprayed the bushings, and after all that, still 1/2 inch off. I finally made a 1/2 inch block to lower the right side of the car. Now it is level. I am not sure if it is the springs, or the car, but because it sat level before the spring change, I would bet on the springs....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts