Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Storms car has had an anoying air leak in one tire since we had them put on (the corvette wheels). Well today she went to fill it up and I said " take the soapy liquid bottle and squirt the tire down to find the leak."

Found out that the seal on the custom valve stems was the culprit. Figured we'd wait till after this next weekends show and then remove the corvette wheels for the winter and take care of it then. As she went to check all the other tires, she found that the other front tire started leaking too. We checked it and found the same problem.

Turns out the installers forgot to tighten the valve stems all the way when they put the tires on. So we moved some cars around and pulled hers in the shop. Pulled both front wheels off and went to the tire shop that installed them and asked them to break the beads down and tighten the stems (these custom stems are hidden valve stems so the nut to install them is inside the rim, not out side) The looked it up on the computer and since she has Road hazzard warranty on the tries they took them out back and worked on them. Didn't cost her or me a dime. I like a shop like that. They're my kinda people.

So now Storm shouldn't have any problems with low tires

Got back home and installed the wheels, then had Storm take my Torque wrench and apply the correct tightening sequence and torque spec. She did well.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Any chance you bought the tires @ Sears?

Cause the few times I've bought tires there once the sale was complete, so was the service.
:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts