Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why it decided to leak now. Been running the engine off and on for last two months but when i try to take it on the first road test it starts puking fluid. First it was leaking from one of the hoses into the 605. Assumed it was all tight from last owner. Ooops i was wrong! But also it is leaking out of the top of the box. The stud and nut are tight but it seems to be leaking from around the silver plate. Is this rebuildable? Probably not by me, or would it be cheaper to just buy one? And who should i buy it from?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
These were a poor design new when they were in their OEM application low end 79 G bodies, let alone 35 years adapted to something else. Spend 400 dollars buy a CPP 500 box its designed to fit these cars and bolt where a 605 was installed. THey are all over Ebay or check with CPP direct they are a sponser.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update.

I talked to Steve(jalepeno) and he hooked me up with a 500 box for the car. He is a really nice guy to chat with. Very helpful. Wish I lived closer to his shop cause he would probably see me quite a bit.

Thanks Steve for the help!

Mike

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Thank you Mike. Glad the gear arrived safely. You will be please with its performance as compared to the 605.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts