Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished putting in led lights in my 1956 Nomad. A few issues but finally got them in. However, now I have no turn signals in the dash. Have dash lights the dim, gen light, oil light, bright and dim headlight-light. But now turn signals. Everything on the outside works. Any ideas and where to look first? Ground problem, light switch. They worked before but not sure if I have a broke wire or what. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,167 Posts
If neither one works, I doubt if it's a broke wire. They are connected to the front turn signal wires at the turn signal steering column connector with dark blue and light blue wires. Are you using the original metal sockets?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If neither one works, I doubt if it's a broke wire. They are connected to the front turn signal wires at the turn signal steering column connector with dark blue and light blue wires. Are you using the original metal sockets?
Yes I am using the original metal sockets and they are very hard to keep in place.

·
26,167 Posts
Yes I am using the original metal sockets and they are very hard to keep in place.
They have to ground through the metal socket. Can you bend the tabs out on the socket to hold them tight in the cluster?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have to ground through the metal socket. Can you bend the tabs out on the socket to hold them tight in the cluster?
I will give that a shot. BUT I just found out that my horn does not work also so I must have messed up the steering column connector. Out of my knowledge now. Where is it located (kind of dumb question).

·
26,167 Posts
The connector is at the lower end of the column. Link to connector.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,574 Posts
Put the normal blubs back in. If they work then you'll need to add an electronic flasher.

·
26,167 Posts
I will give that a shot. BUT I just found out that my horn does not work also so I must have messed up the steering column connector. Out of my knowledge now. Where is it located (kind of dumb question).
Do you have the instrument cluster installed in the dash to provide a ground to the cluster?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts