Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering these for my 55.

Has anyone tried these? Do they work a lot better than regular bulbs?

Thanks for any info you can supply.

1,544 Posts
I bought a pair at Kragen to replace the stock bulbs in my 57 but found out they are not for street use cause they don't have a brake function, this is not the led replacement package you can get from say CCI but the bulb replacement, I was trying to get off cheap. Bob

·
Administrator
49,379 Posts
I bought a couple of sets off of e-bay. Mine isn`t going yet but i also bought a set from the same guy for a friends 55. They look a lot brighter. PM me if you want the sellers name.
Terry

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Pat,
I installed the 20 LED conversion kit from Danchuk almost three years ago. It was a very easy swap and worth every penny. The kit greatly improves, possibly doubles the overall brightness in both daytime and nightime driving conditions. As you know...the brake lights on all the Tri Fives are rather small in size. These LED brake light conversion kits are the only reason I have not yet, and have no future plans to install a third brake light. The only drawback is the "blue dot" lenses won't work. They need the single directional bulb pointing directly at the blue dot to work. Good luck!

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts