Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the weather alert I just received on my phone...sounds kind of bad?!!

"A storm system brewing over the Midwest is threatening Northwest Ohio Wednesday night with heavy rain, 3" hail, possible tornado's, flash flooding and perhaps even a derecho — a rare, explosive wind pattern that forecasters compare to the landfall of a hurricane."

Can't say I ever heard of a 'derecho'.

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
started putting stuff away here today myself. lots of damage here in Virginia from the last derecho we had not that long ago.:p3:

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Batten down the hatches it sounds like it's going to be rough. Stay safe. Derecho that's a new one to me.

KINGS X 56
Just went and moved the patio furniture, paddle boat out of the water and other misc. yard items just in case!!!

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tornado Sirens going off, it's going to be a long night!! Worst not to arrive until 2 a.m.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
unplug your computer and TV's including the cable wire.

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not as bad as perdicted here, we had 2-3 inches of rain, winds around 40-50 mph, lots and lots and lots of lighting and some small hail. There was a reported funnel cloud about 5 miles north of us. Alot more storm damage to the east of us, we were lucky. Just got the '56 out today in the bright sunshine and heading for a cruise-in shortly. Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Not as bad as perdicted here, we had 2-3 inches of rain, winds around 40-50 mph, lots and lots and lots of lighting and some small hail. There was a reported funnel cloud about 5 miles north of us. Alot more storm damage to the east of us, we were lucky. Just got the '56 out today in the bright sunshine and heading for a cruise-in shortly. Thanks for asking!
This one of those times that you're sure glad
the weatherman was wrong for the most part,
or should I say,the worst part.:tu
Enjoy your cruise.:tu

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
tons of lightning, rain wind and tornado siren but no T.
Did quite well.
Take care.

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tons of lightning, rain wind and tornado siren but no T.
Did quite well.
Take care.
Right in the middle of us saw the worst damage - south east of Toledo. A lot of property damage. I know 2 families that homes suffered some severe damage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.