Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be a big undertaking with planning. Who would be down for this? It would be really cool to roadtrip with you guys.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would need lead time to shut my shop down for that type of vacation but ...I think I would be up for that for sure. Maybe it could be tied into a big tri five function of sorts or a big show going on. :D:D:D Tim

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
That's the thing, isn't it Mickey, we're all so spread out.
Ya know Memphis is a central shipping hub of the country...
Get that? CENTRAL.
:D
Not that I would recommend bringing a lot of nice tri fives to Memphis itself, but Millington,
just north of Memphis, is a nice little town with lots of hotel/motels.
And a couple of them have huge parking lots.
The fact that it's only about 10 minutes from my home has nothing to do with my suggestion...:rolleyes:
And my house just a few minutes from the state park here.
Nice driving through the twisty park roads and the MS river is close by. And my sister in law works there and I know the forest ranger personally.
Then there's a few things to see and do in Memphis.
Graceland (pronounced gracelin, like Cleveland, or Maryland)
Stax Museum of Soul Music
Gibson Guitar
Sun Studio
River Boat tours
Beal Street
Too bad the Motorsports park shut down...:mad0028:
Just don't plan it between May and late August. Too blame HOT!
That's one thing to think about whatever is decided.
DON"T go someplace that's going to be 110 degrees with a 80 degree dew point. :eek:

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Everybody just drive your car down here for "Crusin' The Coast" in October!
That would put a Tri-Five on about every road in the country!And get to see about 5000 other classic cars and trucks!
The weather cools down in Oct.also.
(Plus,I live right here at the event!)
Hey,bring a tent and many of you can stay here at my place too! Plenty of room!
Aside from the B.S.,some of us should have a get together if you plan to attend this year.
Mike.:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Everybody just drive your car down here for "Crusin' The Coast" in October!
That would put a Tri-Five on about every road in the country!And get to see about 5000 other classic cars and trucks!
The weather cools down in Oct.also.
(Plus,I live right here at the event!)
Hey,bring a tent and many of you can stay here at my place too! Plenty of room!
Aside from the B.S.,some of us should have a get together if you plan to attend this year.
Mike.:)
Hey, I call the "over the cab bunk" in the camper!!!!LOL:D Tim

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Not that I would recommend bringing a lot of nice tri fives to Memphis itself, but Millington,
just north of Memphis, is a nice little town with lots of hotel/motels.
And a couple of them have huge parking lots.
The fact that it's only about 10 minutes from my home has nothing to do with my suggestion...
And my house just a few minutes from the state park here.
Nice driving through the twisty park roads and the MS river is close by. And my sister in law works there and I know the forest ranger personally.
Then there's a few things to see and do in Memphis.
Graceland (pronounced gracelin, like Cleveland, or Maryland)
Stax Museum of Soul Music
Gibson Guitar
Sun Studio
River Boat tours
Beal Street

NO!

Dayton, OH would be better. :happy0009:
Long history of serving the auto industry
Air force Museum (Wright/Pat is next door)
Several close by malls for the ladies
Lots of rooms to rent (hotels, motels, etc)
short drive to Cinci if you want gamble

Plus it'd be real easy for me to attend. Heck....... I might even bring a '57. :happy0009: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Car Tour

Dallas is having a big Tri5 event three days in May 2011:party0031::party0031::sign0016: All roads lead to Dallas:happy0030:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gee guess which one I would vote for,it's always been one of my dreams to trailer our 56 Belair down to Graceland and take some pictures of it in front of the gate,been a life long Elvis fan,and he died on my birthday,gads I miss that guy.
Thanks James Hermiston,Ore

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dallas is having a big Tri5 event three days in May 2011:party0031::party0031::sign0016: All roads lead to Dallas:happy0030:
I like this idea as it is close by and is very large event. On the other hand, I would love to do a road trip with all of you. That's why we built these cars, right? Always wanted to do the Power Tour but it seems it is no where close by just to join in on the fun for a while.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Gee guess which one I would vote for,it's always been one of my dreams to trailer our 56 Belair down to Graceland and take some pictures of it in front of the gate,been a life long Elvis fan,and he died on my birthday,gads I miss that guy.
Thanks James Hermiston,Ore
Well, James if you're ever down this way, tri five in tow or not, gimme a shout.
We'll show you around, maybe grill out and all.
They started an Elvis Presley car show this year.
The Elvis Motor Classics International Car Show.
Not a big turn out for its first year and I didn't go. By show time (end of May) it's getting pretty hot out. And there's no shade.
I thought it was hot then. Little did I know how hot this summer was going to be. :eek:

Back to the TriFive Power Tour....that name is already used.
How about The TriFive.com Great American Mystery Cruise?
Because we're all spread out, there would have to be regional "events".
But through the miracle (mystery) of the internet, we could join together virturally.
How? I don't know, I'm just the idea man.:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Wurks fer me. I need a diversion.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,365 Posts
Hafrod.....Great idea :):tu.....Have to see if you can create a point to point trip, so that everyone can join in the fun, during a stretch at least.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think in order for it to work we would need a pretty good head count. Also we would need to give everyone plenty of notice to request time off. Then we could put together a spreadsheet of zip codes of those who would like to attend the event. Marry information to an event close by or wonderful roads to travel, great places to eat, scenery, etc... then make a decision where to have it so that it is centrally located for many, to be equal.
The thread could run for a few months but should have a cut off date.

Whoever decides to go could email or pm zip codes (not address) to one person or group helping organize the event. Details would be updated once the route was planned and the thread could be opened yet again to get more on the bandwagon.

Just a thought....:confused0006:

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Yeah, everyone wants it close to home. But you know, that can't happen for everyone.
Sounds like a fun thing to do, but planning may be a headache.
The Pigeon Forge gatherings have been great. So something just for us would be awsome.
I hope it can be worked out and I can attend.
I look forward to seeing updates and plans.
I can only say at this point that I would be very interested and would try to make plans to attend where ever it ends up. :party0031:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Why not start at the top somewhere in Min., then end up at the Dallas event? Folks can join in anywhere along the route.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts