Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Mine came out of a Pontiac Vibe. I wanted old school manual adjusting seats, not electric. Also didn't want exaggerated seat shape. I think these were from around 2004 or so? They were $30 a pair at the Pick N Pull.

After I did my interior in old school diamond pattern, and deleted the headrest bases.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,423 Posts
Before and after, 1990 New Yorker 4 door. I had to modify the back rest tilt so it would tilt forward and removed the headrest. The upholsterer amazingly did the rest. I love the fold down arm rest.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Mine are 05' Subaru WRX. They set a little lower and more room between me and steering wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine came out of a Pontiac Vibe. I wanted old school manual adjusting seats, not electric. Also didn't want exaggerated seat shape. I think these were from around 2004 or so? They were $30 a pair at the Pick N Pull.

After I did my interior in old school diamond pattern, and deleted the headrest bases.

These came out great

·
Registered
857 Posts
My favorite are the mid 60's GM seats like Postman has. I have a set just like that out of a 63 Nova SS. If his need some love mine need lots of love. I think those seats look like they were made for TriFives.

·
Registered
160 Posts
2000 Ford Contour Svt. I love the driver side armrest...use it all the time

Only thing i wish i knew how to make them fold all the way forward so back seat was accessible

·
Registered
66,313 Posts
had a 55 that came with caddy seats, model and year unknown. most comply and were power too.
HPIM1053.JPG
HPIM1056.JPG
seats.

Reactions: Twin 1956 Chevy

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
98 KIA, 20.00 for the pair, manual sliders, full recline, left side has manual lumbar, headrests pop out.
Black rattle can plastic trim, black leatherette seat covers about 30.00 = good to go for a driver.
Center console is a clutter catcher from Amazon
maybe 35 bux.
9-17-5.JPG

9-17-5-A.JPG

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Here's another pair of buckets that have the old school look. These came from a mid 70's Mustang II and were very solid seats, but needed reupholstering.
Before, with headrests on.

After, without headrests.

They make a more traditional type bucket, for those not wanting a modern shaped seat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
98 KIA, 20.00 for the pair, manual sliders, full recline, left side has manual lumbar, headrests pop out.
Black rattle can plastic trim, black leatherette seat covers about 30.00 = good to go for a driver.
Center console is a clutter catcher from Amazon
maybe 35 bux.
View attachment 327960
View attachment 327962
That turned out great, and at a great price as well.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
This has been a really good thread. I remember reading awhile back where Ron Mangus liked using seats out of the Chrysler 300 for his tri five interiors.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts