Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm probably a typical car guy. As such I own several vehicles, why do we have to pay for liability insurance on every vehicle we own when you can only drive one at a time?..... I think the insurance companies must be in cahoots with each other because I don't believe I've ever heard of a company that offers this option.

·
Registered
38,748 Posts
A coworker of mine used to own a bunch of vehicles. He would call or email his insurance agent 2-3 times a month to drop the insurance on one car and add another, depending on what he wanted or needed to drive. Drove his agent crazy.

I don't know if they'll let you do that, but he got away with it for a long time.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Most states require liability on the vehicle in order to get a tag for it. That is the way it should be. I don`t care if you have collision on your car,but you need liability in case you hit someone. Liability covers injuries to the other person, not just their car. bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Most states require liability on the vehicle in order to get a tag for it. That is the way it should be.
I disagree completely. Why should you have to send money to a for-profit company to drive on public roads? In Texas the insurance companies said that 20% of drivers had no liability insurance. They told the legislature that if it was made mandatory then 100% would have insurance and rates would go down. Now it is mandatory and rates have gone up to some of the highest in the nation. The Texas Department of Insurance estimated that the uninsured motorist population in Texas actually ranges from 21% to 28% (from county to county), with even higher percentages along the border with Mexico.

All it does is make the other 80% of us responsible people to have pay higher rates and to show proof of insurance to get a license, get tags and get inspections. When you didn't have to buy it then insurance companies had to offer good prices to encourage you to buy it. There is no need for them to lower prices now when they have a captive customer.

·
Registered
38,748 Posts
Well you still have to have insurance in Texas to get a license renewal or an inspection sticker. So at least the low lifes that don't pay for insurance have it one or two months a year.

There are probably bigger things in life to fret over. There's always someone taking advantage of the system. I could go on a rant now given what's in the news this week about the "system".

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I think I'm probably a typical car guy. As such I own several vehicles, why do we have to pay for liability insurance on every vehicle we own when you can only drive one at a time?..... I think the insurance companies must be in cahoots with each other because I don't believe I've ever heard of a company that offers this option.
We sell insurance for our collectable cars where you have a liability premium PER POLICY NOT a premium for each vehicle :tu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.