Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been on here numerous times about getting my 383 up and running and every single year the money I put aside for it to get it started ends up getting used on other things and as per usual I need to do some home repair. All I wanted to do was replace some exterior window trim and as I got into it I found more then I wanted to-some of the plywood sheathing was junk so I found a reason to spend the money there so I'm getting that started:-(. Whats it been about 3-4 years I've had this motor done? Well maybe my 454 will sell and that will help with my Camaro project.
GREG

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
family first is what matters greg. :tu

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Carl your right-once again:).
I'm still gonna try and sell off some stuff and go from there. I pretty much need a starter and fuel pump and install my fuel system and coolant system and hook up the wiring and it will be started. But as I only need to buy the starter and fuel pump which will be about $200 all together my chances are good.
GREG

·
Administrator
49,472 Posts
Greg i think i understand the feeling. That is why the last rebuild of my 57 took me around 12 yrs to get done. Something more important always seemed to come up. Don`t give up or give in and it will happen. I even contemplated selling my 57 back around 1996. Sure glad i didn`t.
Terry

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
That's where I'm at. But I've stuck with it this long, and I'm so far into it, in the state it's in, selling it I would be giving it way. Plans are to make a purchase after the first of the year, that will push the project ahead. But then the dogs teeth need work. Two fifty into him on Saturday, another four hundred plus for surgery in two weeks...Such is life, eh ?

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Iam lucky...son is 3,000 miles away in LA and daughter is in north Carolina so no problem spending money on just "us"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts