Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

It was love at first sight! I will never forget it. I was Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. We have lots of american cars there but you don't see Chevys around every corner or TV-commercials, movies, etc all the time.

Classic cars have been a family hobby since my grandpa. By the time I saw the 57 Chevy for the first time I already had seen many other classic cars. But one day, I bought a magazine. And there it was. The 57 Chevy convertible in red. It was just love at first sight. I don't know what it is, but it fascinated me.

I was 12 years old. Now, 22 years later, I still feel the same passion for that car. Due to circumstances like moving around the world, living in big cities (with little space and no garage), university, etc, etc, it was just not possible to buy a Chevy yet.
You can't put a Chevy that easily in your baggage when you move from Argentina to Germany, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Etc, all within 10 years.

That's where my passion for model cars developed. I've build dozens of cars, of course also 55, 56 and 57 Chevys. Now I'm working on a 57 Chevy model car as junk car (scale 1/16) and I thought, why not sharing it with you guys.

I'm not hiding it. My brother and I started an online store called "www.ModelJunkyard.com". And we are promoting it. But this is not the only reason why I'm here.
I hope I'll be able to buy my first '57 Chevy soon and I already want to make some friends here. I already know some people from the '57 Chevy club in The Netherlands and I thought why not joining this great Forum.

So, I hope I'll be able to upload real '57 Chevy pictures soon and not only model cars!

See you around,:wavey:
Seb

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
:hello: hi seb and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. saw your work on the other post and it was neat. :party0031:

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive Seb:shakehands: Glad you found us... Later, Dave

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome to the club. I hope you enjoy it here.
Post pictures of those wonderful casrs of yours. We all want to see them.
The '50 Pickup is extremely impressive.

Hope to see more of you and your cars on here,
Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.