Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
went to auto zone and grabbed 4 1157 sockets and drilled out all my houseing to fit them so now all my bulbs are multi function in each light

tail lights running lights and stop and blinkers in rear ..

seperate reverse

fronts are runners and blinkers .

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,423 Posts
went to auto zone and grabbed 4 1157 sockets and drilled out all my houseing to fit them so now all my bulbs are multi function in each light

tail lights running lights and stop and blinkers in rear ..

seperate reverse

fronts are runners and blinkers .
All tri-5's had multi function bulbs and the original sockets will accept 1157 bulbs. :confused0006: :confused0006:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
LED Tail and parking lights

just installed LED lights back and front. Bought new LED flasher from Danchuk. I have painless wiring and have two flashers one for turn signals and one for 4 way flashing lights. Does any one know if I have to replace both flashers with an LED flasher? Having a problem getting lights to work. Thanks for any help. Ron

·
26,423 Posts
just installed LED lights back and front. Bought new LED flasher from Danchuk. I have painless wiring and have two flashers one for turn signals and one for 4 way flashing lights. Does any one know if I have to replace both flashers with an LED flasher? Having a problem getting lights to work. Thanks for any help. Ron
The flashers work independent of each other. Not replaceing the 4 way flasher will not affect the operation of the turn signals, just the 4 way flashers.
Do you have the flasher grounded good. There is a possibility that the flasher socket is wired backwards. It doesn't matter with a standard flasher, but an LED flasher has to have power on a certain terminal of the flasher.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
LED Tail and parking lights

Don, thanks for the info. I checked and you were right on, the power is connected on the wrong side. Now all I have to do is figure out how to correct it. It is difficult to get under the dash to check or change the wiring. I have a painless wiring system. I did not install it so it will be difficult to figure out. Ron

·
26,423 Posts
I know I would hate to pull the fuse block off to swap the flasher terminals. You could make up some short leads with a male connector on one end and female on the other end, using the Packard 1/4" terminals, and mount the flasher external from the fuse block like the original was. Use shrink tube over the entire female terminals to keep from shorting to anything, unless you could find one of the original flasher connectors. http://www.trifive.com/garage/55%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/100-3.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
INSTRUMENT LIGHT NYLON PLUGS

('55 Chevy) The back of the instrument light bulb sockets have a pin that accepts a small nylon plug with a copper contact inside of it. Naturally a few of mine are broken or missing. Does anyone know where I can get these. The usual suspects, Danchuk and Eckler's do not have them.

Thanks.

·
26,423 Posts
('55 Chevy) The back of the instrument light bulb sockets have a pin that accepts a small nylon plug with a copper contact inside of it. Naturally a few of mine are broken or missing. Does anyone know where I can get these. The usual suspects, Danchuk and Eckler's do not have them.

Thanks.
There called buttons. Click on "Supplies", then "washers, buttons, and springs". http://www.riwire.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
INSTRUMENT LIGHT NYLON PLUGS

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts