Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge/experience on how to get in line for a 2021 Corvette? I believe what I've read they're taking orders as a May 31st. I know I should get down to the dealer but has anybody here actually filed an order for one?

Thanks

·
Registered
67,066 Posts
if you can't get down to a dealer, maybe get on a list on line. man am i jealous. :anim_25:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Did they ever sell any 2020? Never seen one yet and I'm in a high population, high income area

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
I have two friends who have ordered 2021 models, and an 'acquaintance' who bought/owns a 2020. I was at the NCM in Bowling Green last Labor Day weekend when there were 27 Corvette engineers, each driving a new 2020 (prototype) at that time, and another 10-12 available for everyone to crawl over etc. I don't recall how many 2020 models they built, but it was a few, and they are likely preparing to build (if not already building) the 2021 models.

PS. If you want one, then go to your favorite Chevy dealer and put an order in with a deposit on a sales agreement...

·
Registered
36,799 Posts
Don't forget that they busted a couple of Corvette engineers for getting subdued by the cops for excessive speed. They can't sell those demos now. LOL

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
Don't forget that they busted a couple of Corvette engineers for getting subdued by the cops for excessive speed. They can't sell those demos now. LOL
I suspect the ones they were driving were early build (prototypes) which we were told they weren't going to sell anyway (special prototype serial numbers).
They will drive the crap out of them (as those engineers were doing), but on test tracks preferably! test them.. crash test them... hot and cold weather testing etc... and then scrap whatever is left.

·
Administrator
65,347 Posts
A dealer will place you on a list once you have committed to purchase, usually they will take a down payment, iron out any options then provide an approximate delivery date for you to take possession :anim_25:

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,407 Posts
The base price is 59 K and they are selling at MSRP or above. Total volume for 2020 was planned at 40,000 and the model is not actually sold out so you can still buy a 2020. I am waiting for 2021 to see if they offer a lease. You cannot lease a 2020. Friend of mine got his already and with a few options was almost 100K

Anyway you look at it the price is a steal for a super car

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why can't you get down to a dealer?
"Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge/experience on how to get in line for a 2021 Corvette? I believe what I've read they're taking orders as a May 31st. I know I should get down to the dealer but has anybody here actually filed an order for one?"

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did they ever sell any 2020? Never seen one yet and I'm in a high population, high income area

I read about 3000 were made before production stopped.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Don't think I'd jump on one, just yet. No point in being a "beta tester".
The dealers will screw you with absurd markups. Watch for it.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't think I'd jump on one, just yet. No point in being a "beta tester".
The dealers will screw you with absurd markups. Watch for it.
I don't mind being a Beta tester. Warranty for a few years anyways :)

Reactions: twin engines

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Where have you guys been? They test and test and retest these cars 10x as hard as the average driver will ever run them. We have had probably 6-8 new first year GM cars and trucks and never a problem with any of them. In fact haven't had a new GM car or truck for anything major in over 20 years. And Corvette's get tested even more! :gba:

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
100 K green bills for this car with a couple or so extra options.Heck, for that price i can settle for a nice Nomad or even a Tri ragtop. :anim_25:

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,807 Posts
If you're paying above sticker for any car you're not to bright or have alot of money to waste maybe both. Most all the C8 are custom ordered 80-100k, some were alotted to dealers based on their typical vette sells. Most all those 20's are long sold. Our dealer got two and they work sold off the truck, for sticker.

Contact Mike Davenport is a top vette salesman in the US he is located Louisville. He is legit even though he sounds like a used car sales guy.

https://lvillechevydude.com/reserve-your-c8/

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you're paying above sticker for any car you're not to bright or have alot of money to waste maybe both. Most all the C8 are custom ordered 80-100k, some were alotted to dealers based on their typical vette sells. Most all those 20's are long sold. Our dealer got two and they work sold off the truck, for sticker.

Contact Mike Davenport is a top vette salesman in the US he is located Louisville. He is legit even though he sounds like a used car sales guy.

https://lvillechevydude.com/reserve-your-c8/
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like the way to go. I will contact Mike.

And I like this:

All Orders will be sold at MSRP no dealer markups or BS addendums with added junk for dealer profit. No GMS or Supplier discounts will be honored. Bachman Chevrolet has a $349.50 dealer fee that is applied to all deals.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts