Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just an update. I went through my local dealer. I/you may or may not get a car built depending on a lot of factors, ie. allocation for dealer, demand, production, etc. But I have started the process. As of today, 7/25/2020, there are NO 2021 cars ordered, no matter what your buddy's tell you. :) I will keep this thread updated as things move along....

Here's what my car colors will be when/if order accepted:

·
Registered
Cocke County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
8,179 Posts
All this for a Camaro-ete? It is funny how so many people think the front and the rear look like Camaro's. The side view, that's a different story! But I admit I'm jealous, I don't have near that much money available to buy anything in that price range. Most likely, back in 2000 I bought the last new vehicle I'll ever buy.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Just being on the list doesn't mean the dealer can get one. Small dealers on allotment probably already have their's sold or spoken for..big dealers maybe still have a shot. I have a flying friend that has one one order. He's paying about $5k over sticker but he was about first in line..now I don't know what it would take.
I recall people paying over sticker for the first 240Z cars and the 1984 Corvettes.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The waiting list appears to be quite lengthy. A 2020 sold the other night on Mecums at Indy. They all said it was the first one they had seen in person. Brand new less than 2 weeks off the assembly line. MSRP was $ 68,000.00. It sold for $ 97,000.00. Nice little $ 29,000.00 flip for the seller. Apparently the purchaser wasn’t interested in the waiting list.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Being in the 4th quarter of life hoping for overtime if you want one and can afford it ....Go for it and drive it on some cool road trips. It is a dream of mine but the C!s and C2s are still my faves.

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,407 Posts
I went to my local Chevy dealer and I filled out a form and gave them $1000.00. That guarantees me a car sometime late next summer. I was number 560 and the dealer allotment is 725..
SOMETIME THIS YEAR i WILL GET A CALL AND PLACE THE ACTUAL ORDER AND PAY ANOTHER 1000.00. The 2021 model will be produced starting November and those folks who ordered 2020 models go to the top of the list. My deposit is totally refundable or I can sell it to someone else if I wish.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congratulations. Summer of next year is what I have been hearing. I know as we get older the years seem to fly by. But, that is until you are waiting on a new Corvette. This is going to be the longest year of your life. There are going to be a lot of jealous fellas on this forum. We are all glad for you.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Congratulations. Summer of next year is what I have been hearing. I know as we get older the years seem to fly by. But, that is until you are waiting on a new Corvette. This is going to be the longest year of your life. There are going to be a lot of jealous fellas on this forum. We are all glad for you.
I cant wait to long because I will be turning 81 in sept. Promised wife I would my sell my 55 when the vette shows up. I think the 55 will be a hard sell unless I give it away. Not a big market these days

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I cant wait to long because I will be turning 81 in sept. Promised wife I would my sell my 55 when the vette shows up. I think the 55 will be a hard sell unless I give it away. Not a big market these days
You may be surprised on what the 55’ may bring. Everyone say the market is down. But there have been a few recent online auctions where tri fives brought pretty decent money.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Is your purchase agreement at list price?? or a premium? and which dealer has an allotment of 725 cars? That has to be one of the big corvette dealers...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
No mark up but at MSRP. I believe he is number 4 corvette dealer Les Stanford corvette king

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Remember you're dealing with a car dealer. If they actually have that allotment amount(725)t then you might be ok but consider the normal dealer that only gets a handful of Corvettes. You might be first in line but as soon as a very deep pocket customer steps up and makes a silly offer the dealer will drop you like a bad hairdo

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
So I always have my 55 as back up. We will see in November when i place the actual order.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So I always have my 55 as back up. We will see in November when i place the actual order.
I'd dismiss all the negative comments here and concentrate on how awesome your new mid-engine Corvette is going to be....:p

Reactions: SLIM

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Got to sit in one at a car show yesterday. Definitely a drivers car with lots of room and all controls set up for driver. Passenger seat is on the tight side with the center console feeling like a huge wall... Easy for an old guy to get in and out

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
The waiting list appears to be quite lengthy. A 2020 sold the other night on Mecums at Indy. They all said it was the first one they had seen in person. Brand new less than 2 weeks off the assembly line. MSRP was $ 68,000.00. It sold for $ 97,000.00. Nice little $ 29,000.00 flip for the seller. Apparently the purchaser wasn’t interested in the waiting list.

I've now seen 2 (2020) for sale locally, nothing under $110000

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Yes, us old guys need something to slow down time.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
A friends '20 should be delivered next month he finally has a build date for next week it has been on order all year.
I'll run it out a bit in Feb when I visit him in FL & maybe post about it. Probably will need to take it easy he has always been a nervous passenger.
The only negative handling issue I have read about was during on track testing they say it has a tendency to unload the nose ( under steer / push ) on hard throttle corner exit. Probably will never be an issue on the street.

Best of luck to you Topdog & grats on the new toy.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My local dealer is selling ordered cars at MSRP but has (2) 2020 Vettes on the sales floor at about $20K markup over MSRP.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts