Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,808 Posts
A friends '20 should be delivered next month he finally has a build date for next week it has been on order all year.
I'll run it out a bit in Feb when I visit him in FL & maybe post about it. Probably will need to take it easy he has always been a nervous passenger.
The only negative handling issue I have read about was during on track testing they say it has a tendency to unload the nose ( under steer / push ) on hard throttle corner exit. Probably will never be an issue on the street.

Best of luck to you Topdog & grats on the new toy.
Typical for a midengine car. There are settings for the alignment for track only. So if you just head to a track and its not setup them yeah issues maybe worse. Not ideal to leave settings for street unless you like buying alot of tires.

Per gm
Vehicles without Z51 package should not be used for track events and competitive driving.
“How to” for track prep

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,407 Posts
2020 are starting to show up in my area and at car shows. Saw Several convertibles on the road and frankly I like the coupe better

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
We have had several show up at shows in our area as well. There were some folks upset when they awarded trophies to a brand new car straight off the dealer lot. I guess they are just trying to keep everyone happy.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Five new corvettes at car show yesterday. Highest price paid was 91K. Talked to the folks at the show and the Corvette plant is now running 2 shifts to double production. In addition the brake recall is corrected and plant is running contrary to what you hear on the internet. The folks I talked to waited 13 months for their cars but that included the GM strike and COVID19 plant shut downs

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Color choices. White and blue are quite nice in my opinion. Red will always be great. Silver and yellow bottom of my list

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
When I asked my Buddy that just got his for drive out feedback he said that he punched it a few times & its really fast & he probably won't use it as a grocery getter just a cruiser & his & his SO's golf clubs fit nicely. Cracked me up! That Vette goes in a box next month for transport & will spend the winter in S FL.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Rapid blue or Silver w/red interior would be my choice...

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
57R'villeHT posted:
"We have had several show up at shows in our area as well. There were some folks upset when they awarded trophies to a brand new car straight off the dealer lot. I guess they are just trying to keep everyone happy."
-------------------------
I've never liked seeing NEW cars at 'car shows'... If I want to see a NEW car, I will go to the dealership! Car shows are for old cars... well maintained originals, or restored or custom OLD cars.. What are the owners of new cars trying to do? Show us how well they've maintained it for all 3 days they've owned it?? OR are they just 'showing off'??

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like the way to go. I will contact Mike.

And I like this:

All Orders will be sold at MSRP no dealer markups or BS addendums with added junk for dealer profit. No GMS or Supplier discounts will be honored. Bachman Chevrolet has a $349.50 dealer fee that is applied to all deals.
Now THAT is worth the time. Meanwhile, I will just scoop me up a nice C7 for cheap as the "vette" guys try to dump and jump....

Not really, but it sounded nice to say.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
57R'villeHT posted:
"We have had several show up at shows in our area as well. There were some folks upset when they awarded trophies to a brand new car straight off the dealer lot. I guess they are just trying to keep everyone happy."
-------------------------
I've never liked seeing NEW cars at 'car shows'... If I want to see a NEW car, I will go to the dealership! Car shows are for old cars... well maintained originals, or restored or custom OLD cars.. What are the owners of new cars trying to do? Show us how well they've maintained it for all 3 days they've owned it?? OR are they just 'showing off'??

I find it amusing that guys with new cars even think they're part of the "car" scene.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My son just got his 2020 about 6 weeks ago. This was ordered right around the end of the year. Do to the lateness of the 2020, you're not going to see too many updates in the 2021 and it's never going to have the value of the 2020. He's driven his a bit but that's it, it's going into storage here shortly. $107k out the door.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
the BEST deals will be waiting 2 or 3 yrs and buy the ones with ZERO miles that the smart owners put up in mothballs, hoping they would 'make $$', but instead will LOSE $$ and the fun of driving their new Corvette! Just LOOK at what happened in the past when people did that? 1978 PACE CARS for example... people paid OVER list for them (up to $25K for an $18K car) and sold them 5 or 10 yrs later with zero miles for around $15K...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Agreed. Eventually supply will catch up with the demand and these guys that spent 30k over MSRP at auction, will wish they had waited.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Unfortunately I will be getting a 2021 at some future date which the dealer cant give me but I believe the 2020 models will always demand a premium because they were the first mid engine corvette.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
The 2021 will Look/Perform essentially exactly like the 2020 as there will be no major changes (just 'fixes')..

41 - 60 of 73 Posts