Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Belvidere, IL. hosted the Little Hershey part swap/car show May,18-19, 2013. The car show was on Sun. so, I thought I'd go. Got a sunburn on top of my sunburn, but had a good time talking with other car owners who were showing their cars. Even had a friend I bumped into there. It was getting near the end and they were tabulating the votes that the car owners selected. So ,they're doling out the awards,which happened to be a cute little "Roadside Diner" plaque. So they get in to my class and they had a group of three that were selected. A nice '55 Chevy Bel Aire 2-DR post, a '57 Chevy convert. and my '55 Nomad. The first two guys got plaques. Then they announced that, although I won, they ran out of plaques. You know, the good news is you're a winner,BUT, the bad news is we don't have a plaque to give you. BUT will send you one latter!!! I was just making light of it and went up and asked if I could "just touch it, to see what it feels like!?!?" WE all had a good laugh. They were a little embarrassed that there was a box with more trophies were missing. So, there were others that didn't get their awards either. I was the first of many.
Well just a few minutes ago I got a knock at the door. Probably some solicitor. We seem to get a lot of them. So, I answer the door and "Loe and Behold" there 's some guy with my plaque. Now, what a surprise. Made my day!!!:p3::):flag6:

LITTLE HERSHEY 48TH ANNUAL SWAP MEET & CAR SHOW
MAY 19TH 2013--TOP OF CLASS

·
Registered
899 Posts
your pulling away from the crowd. I think you don't realize how nice your car really is. what's the next show your going to, I want to make sure it's not fixed. hey, everything happens in threes. jeffddddddddd

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks John and 56madman. And no-way am I tellin' ya Jeff or I'll have to pay off the judges more than I do now!!!!! <<<<<ONLY KIDDING>>>>>:sign0020:

Actually Jeff, I think it comes in four's cause this is my Fourth award.
To be honest, car shows were the furthest from my mind. I NEVER planned on these as I was fixing up my Nomad.I knew one thing. That I simply loved the 55 Nomads the best. All I know is they are the coolest car and I had to have one.When the PO told me that he got thumbs up all the time, it just didn't register. Going to my daughters house i went through downtown Rockford. They had a concert and a hockey game both scheduled that night. Some people waiting for the doors to open and there were some people at the local watering holes and the rest at the theatre also waiting to get in.This is all in a 5 block strip.So here comes the Nomad all shined up and headers switched open in front of over 300 people. I'm getting the biggest thumbs-up, waves,whistles ,yelling ,hooting and a standing ovation I've ever seen. My Wife was in total awe. We made sure we gave our customary thank-you waves and nods. Just goes to prove, by the overwhelming approval of the people that 55 Chevy Nomads are still cool!!!

·
Registered
67,729 Posts
congrats, always makes you feel good when you get one. :tu

·
Administrator
66,126 Posts
:congrats: hopefully they wont want you to pay the postage :)

As long as you had fun thats what its all about :tu

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Mickey. Yes, it does feel good to win,Carl.They actually hand delivered it, Angs. Now that's service! Thanks Paul ,I'm still sorta in shock, cause I really was not expecting any of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts