Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering ??
Is there any one here @ tri-5, hav and using a LM-1 digital air/flow ratio meter, kit for tunning fuel systems? as in throttle/injection, and naturally carburation.
I m looking at this kit mentioned, the kit runs basic under $300.00.
Believe this is the only way to actually tune your motors,
thoughts anyone, and no, this isnt for racers only :D

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
I use..

and recommend a WB A/F meter to all the guys I do fuel injection work for....

Use care when you install it. DO NOT run the engine unless the sensor is connected...
If you need additional info, shoot me a PM...

·
Premium Member
13,480 Posts
personally I would not use the lm 1 unit it is way to complex a setup . the plx devices SM AFR combo is much better / simpleer and has a gauge type display as well as a number value reading . It also needs no calibrating , does it all on its own . I use 1 on my efi setup in my 61 corvette

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have the lc-1 with a gauge. It self calibrates and you can datalog to a laptop if you desire and has a output for a fuel injection computer. Currently running a carb but will swap to a fuel injection setup it was only $209 .99 with the gauge and o2 sensor included.
I found out my carb was running around 12.5 to 1 at cruise , changed jets and metering rods to get it a little leaner. Also noticed if I sit and idle in this summer heat after its hot that 5 min or so sitting and idling the idle afr starts getting richer and richer. I'm thinking the fuel is boiling.

Regards, Robert

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have the lc-1 with a gauge. It self calibrates and you can datalog to a laptop if you desire and has a output for a fuel injection computer. Currently running a carb but will swap to a fuel injection setup it was only $209 .99 with the gauge and o2 sensor included.
I found out my carb was running around 12.5 to 1 at cruise , changed jets and metering rods to get it a little leaner. Also noticed if I sit and idle in this summer heat after its hot that 5 min or so sitting and idling the idle afr starts getting richer and richer. I'm thinking the fuel is boiling.

Regards, Robert
robert

believe your right on boiling fuel, what brand u got? Im still looking., is the Lc-1 easier to use? I only need one for carbs now, Im a carb guy

·
Registered
50 Posts
LM-1

I use the lm-1 with the tail pipe adapter and a remote meter to tune fuel systems on board while driving. usually set a battery in the trunk and run two wires to the remote meter inside the car. if the engine has a hot camshaft, the a/f at idle can be misleading. cruise and accell numbers are pretty informative. the innovate site has a ton of info on tuning. regards grady

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The lc-1 is made by innovate same company as the lm-1, its encased in weather proof hard rubber or pliable plastic and can be mounted underneath the car as the pig tail coming off the wideband sensor is not real long and plugs directly into the lc-1 , you then have 3 cables coming out of the lc-1
2 are the serial in and out ( can be daisy chained to other innovate products)
or connected to a laptop for data logging or firmware updates the other cable has the power, o2 sensor ground, signal ground and 2 wide band outputs 1 goes to the afr gauge and the other to your ecm if your running Fuel injection . This kit I bought also had the threaded o2 fitting or bung to weld to your exhaust system. The system has a inital sensor calibration in free air that takes a couple of minutes and does not need a laptop to perform it.

The carb I have is a carter 600 cfm about the same as the edlebrock 1405

Regards, Robert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts