Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone who has lokar pedals for a decent amount of time experienced dark stains on their carpets? (aluminum stains)? My clutch and gas pedal are leaving dark aluminum stains!! (UGH!)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
They shouldn't stain, unless someone polished off the clear anodizing. Either that or it has rubbed off on the carpet, and now you are polishing off the oxidation with the carpet.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) I've had mine for over 5 years, no problems. Sure it's not coming from your shoe soles?

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They shouldn't stain, unless someone polished off the clear anodizing. Either that or it has rubbed off on the carpet, and now you are polishing off the oxidation with the carpet.
I think you hit the nail on the head.. I didn't polish the anodizing off.. at least not on purpose.. Nonetheless, it's definitely the oxidation rubbing off now.

Kinda tired of the look anyway, so maybe time to powdercoat them. LOL!

·
Registered
37,246 Posts
Ok, now I get it.

Could you glue a piece of plastic to the back of your pedal at the bottom so that it is what hits the carpet?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, thats another possibility along with painting/powdercoating it. I think the carpet is polishing the back of the pedal. I'm surprised no one else has had this problem.

·
Registered
37,246 Posts
I see that the pedal arm also touches the carpet. How about a pad/stop on the pedal arm? Again it should be plastic or the like. A wider stop on the pedal arm probably would spread out the load and keep that from disturbing the carpet quite so much, or at least localize it up higher.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think if I am going to paint them at all, I may reshape them a bit an powdercoat black, but Rick has a good point of putting a stop either on the arm or on the firewall/toe board.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Why are you using the floor as a pedal stop?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,706 Posts
Why are you using the floor as a pedal stop?
Looking at the photo, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who wondered why the pedal was going all the way to the floor as well.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,706 Posts
Isn't that how Chevy built it? Few change that.
I guess I'm missing something or we're not on the same page.....My pedal doesn't hit the floor, unless its out of fluid.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts