Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Lokar gas pedal rig, anyone have any issues/heartache either installing it or otherwise? In addition, has anyone used the Lokar column shift cable rig? Any information would be appreciated, hope to get them installed when I get back from this unlce sam trip!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Purchased a linkage hookup for a column shifted 4LE80 setup. Had more parts than I needed. Car is almost road ready, so cant tell you how it ended up. I can say it doesn't bind up.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I installed the Billet Specialties gas pedal which is except for looks the same, I used the Lokar cable kit which included the carb bracket, everything went really smooth, I love the way it turned out but remember to measure twice drill once when drilling for the cable hole.

·
Registered
37,982 Posts
The Lokar gas pedal is kind of hard to install on a running car, because you have to remove the old linkage arm pivot which has fasteners on the firewall side, and they're buried behind the engine. And you use those same fasteners to install the new pedal.

But it's a piece of cake if your car is apart.

You can also mount the new pedal from the inside and weld up the hole in the firewall if you use the right fasteners.

You also have to use some judgment on where to drill the hole for the cable. Too low and the cable hits the valve cover. Too high and the cable isn't straight and drags in the aluminum fitting.

Lokar also makes a universal pedal that pivots at the bottom that is another alternative. It's a good choice for some setups, especially if you have a big block with tall valve covers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lokar gas pedal

I've got the Lokar pedal and I don't really like it. The 2 screws that mount it to the firewall are real small and close together. Not really a heavy duty mount.The rest of the unit is nice, easy to adjust, and a great finish. I've been looking at one from Summit.:confused0006:

·
Registered
862 Posts
I installed my Lokar pedal/cable the first time with the engine in the car. It was NOT hard at all. Second time was also with the engine in the car, and this time 3/4" forward, even easier.

It's smooth and feels much nicer than stock.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all! Wife said I got a couple of boxes at the house so I guess when I get back from uncle sam trip I'll have some work to do! Again thanks to everyone for the feedback:bowtier:

·
Registered
931 Posts
hi forum i just wanted to to you guys know a place called CRF Performance where they sell the gas pedal for a lot less and other chrome stuff, the parts and prices are not bad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts