Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of heads with no holes in the heads, can I use a long water pump with small block will it clear my radiator, the reason I want to use long pump is because of acc holes in it. just thinking ahead. Thanks Raybob

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
If your SBC is were it belongs it will clear no problem, however you are creating other issues with brackets & pullys. I would not use a long pump without the correct heads. PS & AC can be done with a short pump and no accessory heads the factory did it hundreds of thousands of cars.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
set of pullys

All I am running is alt cant I buy a set of pullys for long water pump. engine is in the stock location with side motor mounts and front mounts. thanks Raybob

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I dont know what to tell you to use for alt bracket LWP uses the hole in pass head. SWP is alt on drivers side off head if equiped with holes or exhaust manifold if not equiped.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
I have a set of heads with no holes in the heads, can I use a long water pump with small block will it clear my radiator, the reason I want to use long pump is because of acc holes in it. just thinking ahead. Thanks Raybob
Ray....The radiator will have to be in the 6 cyl position.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

I will put the rad in 6 cyl pos, I think they make a alt bracket for headers, that is what I think I am going to use. Raybob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts