Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Heater Core for my 57 few weeks ago before I left to Oklahoma, It was delivered why I was gone. The manufacture is said to be Northern. I opened it today yo check it out, Wow am I glade I did. IMO it is nasty and wouldn't even let it out the doors if I was the manufacture, What ever happen to Quality Control. The holes don't even line up for te mounting brackets. They said they would refund my money but I have to pay shipping back.

Now I am looking for another one, Hope better quality but to at an outragous price. I would love to have the Aluminum one, Howeve can't find one in stock anywhere, Everyone tells me they are on backorder without an exspected due date

Attachments

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like most of the units I've seen. They look a whole lot better with a coat of black paint, that's what the radiator shop does!
The origional looked nothing like this and it was 57 years old, I would think with todays technology it would be better the it was in 57, Plus the screw hols don't begin to line up, about 1/4" off all the way around

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
It looks like Ray Charles did the soldering on it.:sign0020:

·
Administrator
50,547 Posts
The soldering job looks like they used it to fill in all the gaps. If the brackets don`t line up i would be very frustrated for sure.
No problem getting the pics to open up.
Terry

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Shawn , I bought an aluminum heater core off Ebay that i wanted since my radiator has a 13 pound cap and the stock cores are rated for 7. The new one looks great and is tested to 25.
How long ago did you get it, I been looking but have not seen one. Been checking daily for about 3 mths. By any chance do you have a link or item number
Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
214 Posts
That looks as bad as if somebody used a *used* core, and tried to pass it off as a new core. It's like some rookie burned holes in it keeping the torch in one place too long, and another guy said "Here, lemmee fill those holes with a little more solder." I hope it passes a pressure test....

No way I'd pay good money for that example of poor workmanship, not to mention all the bent fins. Totally unacceptable. Return it, and insist they pay shipping. You ordered a new heater core with an expectation of receiving a new heater core. "That" is not an example of "new" condition.

Sorry you are going through this. Hope it turns out okay for you in the end.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.