Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad is in the market for a running 65-67 Tempest or Lemans (2-door) Automatic.

He is in North Eastern Oregon but may be willing to travel for the right car.

He is on a tight budget so anything over $8K won't work.

Probably a tall order but I have been scouring Craigslist and they are available anywhere from $4500 to $7500. Just trying to get the word out in case u guys come across one.

Thanks,

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have u guys used the website 2040cars.com before??? I don't understand it?? It appears to be an auction website but I don't know where to bid. Also some cars have a price IN RED and others do not. Have the RED ones already sold??

LOTS of decent deals on there.

EDIT...Looks like it is pulling data from ebay INCLUDING expired/completed auctions. Oh well back to google. ;)

·
Administrator
70,795 Posts
Have u guys used the website 2040cars.com before??? I don't understand it?? It appears to be an auction website but I don't know where to bid. Also some cars have a price IN RED and others do not. Have the RED ones already sold??

LOTS of decent deals on there.

EDIT...Looks like it is pulling data from ebay INCLUDING expired/completed auctions. Oh well back to google. ;)
Havent heard of it before, red usually means not sold

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help guys. My Dad found a car, he is going to pick it up tomorrow!

I think he is really excited. ;)

He's not too computer savvy so I was sending him and my Mom all the craigslist finds I could find within a 1000 mile radius.

It's a 65 Lemans (evidently out of the 65-67 the 65 is the one he wanted most).

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update!!

My Dad found his car. It's a 65 Lemans 2dr Hardtop (GTO Clone, he will prob convert it back to Lemans but keep the GTO hood). It has a 400 engine, auto trans.

It was a chore getting it home. He found it about 4 hrs from home, tried to drive it home and only made it about 20 miles. Had to go back the next day and tow it home. It's to be expected for what he had to spend I guess.

Anyway, if anyone knows where there is a cheap set of 66 or 67 lemans/gto seats let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.