Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a through frame -10an bulkhead fitting. The frame is 2 inch. All I find so far is up to -8an, nothing in -10an. Anyone out there ever see such a thing?

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,289 Posts
I am looking for a through frame -10an bulkhead fitting. The frame is 2 inch. All I find so far is up to -8an, nothing in -10an. Anyone out there ever see such a thing?
what on earth do you need -10 an for?? -8an will support 1000+ hp if we are talking fuel??

Reactions: BO185

·
Premium Member
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok.....that solves the problem, maybe.

I am new to the high HP stuff. The engine is a 572 big block, 871 blower, Enderle progressive hat and Holley Terminator X Max EFI. It had dyno runs at 925HP (engine). When speaking to Aeromotive guys they said -10an supply and -8an return. It is being hooked to one of their in tank pumps, variable speed (Aeromotive brushless A1000 pump with variable speed controller) based on MAP, TPS, or other means in the ECU. It has ORB 10 outlet ports. That's where the -10an comes from.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

I am new to the high HP stuff. The engine is a 572 big block, 871 blower, Enderle progressive hat and Holley Terminator X Max EFI. It had dyno runs at 925HP (engine). When speaking to Aeromotive guys they said -10an supply and -8an return. It is being hooked to one of their in tank pumps, variable speed (Aeromotive brushless A1000 pump with variable speed controller) based on MAP, TPS, or other means in the ECU. It has ORB 10 outlet ports. That's where the -10an comes from.
Always run your return the same size as your supply or the next size larger. You don't want it building pressure.

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts

seems way overkill to me. I have made well over 700hp with -6an hose feed and well north of 1000 with -8an. Being a 572 and only at 925 hp that's only 1.62 hp per cubic inch. I think -8an is well more than you need. aeromotive is always way overkill on stuff from my past experience with them.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
seems way overkill to me. I have made well over 700hp with -6an hose feed and well north of 1000 with -8an. Being a 572 and only at 925 hp that's only 1.62 hp per cubic inch. I think -8an is well more than you need. aeromotive is always way overkill on stuff from my past experience with them.
I reread his post and with only an A-1000 fuel pump, - 8 is plenty.

·
Premium Member
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I reread his post and with only an A-1000 fuel pump, - 8 is plenty.
I reread the pump description they are wanting me to use....Aeromotive brushless Eliminator pump with variable speed controller. Does that change anything?

So you would reduce at the pump outlet to -8an, and run -8an supply and return? My whole thing is wanting to come from the tank over the IRS cradle, then through the frame to the outside, then to the front from there. I have no room with tires to go on the outside from the rear and can't go on the bottom because of the suspension arms. Not sure until the body goes for a trial fit if I have room on the top, but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts
yes run -8 from the pump fwd and return as well. Also consider running hard line along the frame rail from the tank to the front. -8an hardline is .500" 0r 1/2" OD, for us simple folks and is a lot easier to fit in between the body and frame in a few places.

Reactions: DHR Darren

·
Premium Member
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was my plan, to run some annealed stainless from back to front with some sort of flexible to the tank, and the last bit before the engine. Trying to get it all done while the frame is sitting here with no body. Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Premium Member
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When you get done with that you'll have plenty of practice, I have these parts coming we can install. 😁🍻
View attachment 352362
Good heavens.....12GPM. I guess that's why those systems run in the seconds 1/4 mile and then get shut off. I couldn't even make it off the property. I wish I was closer to someone who was experienced with this stuff. Right now I am studying, but there are so many differing opinions. Add in the ECU stuff, and you find there are about a million different adjustments and parameters that can be "tuned".

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts
what efi system are you using??

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Good heavens.....12GPM. I guess that's why those systems run in the seconds 1/4 mile and then get shut off. I couldn't even make it off the property. I wish I was closer to someone who was experienced with this stuff. Right now I am studying, but there are so many differing opinions. Add in the ECU stuff, and you find there are about a million different adjustments and parameters that can be "tuned".
Where are you located?
It seems way overwhelming but really not that bad. Start at the front & then the rear & connect the ends together.

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts
Add in the ECU stuff, and you find there are about a million different adjustments and parameters that can be "tuned".
What efi control system are you using??

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts
I am going with the Fuel Tech FT600 on this combo. I like how the ecu & dash are all together. I will be recessing it in carbon where the stock cluster is.
I am curious how this system works.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I am curious how this system works.
A few of my buddies have it and they love it. It is more simple In the fact that you can make changes on the fly while you're strapped in in the car in the staging lanes easier. Not that a guy will do that much but they say it is more user friendly than the Holley which I find hard to believe as I have done 6 or 7 Holley systems before and those are extremely user friendly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts