Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a center section with ring and pinion for my 55. Wanting one with 2.73 - 3.23 gears. Mine has 4.11's and is not nice on the freeway. Would be great to find one in the Phoenix area but am willing to pay shipping if the price is right. Do not need a posi but will consider one depending on price.

Please let me know if anybody has anything.

J

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
There should be a lot of interest in your 411. Someone should be willing to trade with you. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Looking for a center section with ring and pinion for my 55. Wanting one with 2.73 - 3.23 gears. Mine has 4.11's and is not nice on the freeway. Would be great to find one in the Phoenix area but am willing to pay shipping if the price is right. Do not need a posi but will consider one depending on price.

Please let me know if anybody has anything.

J
Stock jug type rears 55-64 pass never got higher geared than 3.08 and that was starting in 59.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rearend

I just bought a 55 with the stock rearend in it. Once I get it home I plan on replacing it and would make you a real deal on it. It's a long way from WA to AZ and not sure you'd want to pay the freight. Just suggestioning

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I've got a complete drum to drum with 3.3?'s I'd sell for $100.00. Meet you half way, like Holbrook,AZ? I'll check ratio in the morning........

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
i got caught up in geting ready for the swap meet this weekend, i'll get it figured and photo'd sunday evening?

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
3:36 pumpkin rebuilt ???

If this will help I have a 3:36 rebuilt by me and is listed on this forum with pictures.
I used my 68,000 mile pumpkin and rebuilt it with Timkein bearings (4) and a new crush sleeve, pinion seal and stainless steel sleeve for the pinion yoke
I set this up using the factory shim and the ring and pinion and spider gears are mint.

This comes with a warranty that is money back if you have a problem. The reason I can do this is because I have done so many and doing them right is the only way. I see others selling these pumpkins by cleaning them up and not replacing the bearings, but the best way to do these rear ends is to freshen them up with new bearings.
Gary 267 424 5838

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.