Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting started on my 57 2dr sedan project. The car needs floorpans, toe pans, trunk pan and tail pan for starters. It has been media blasted and put in black epoxy. I have braced the door openings in prep to remove the body from the frame. My plan at this point is to get a full one piece floor pan with braces first and get that in. Then do the outer rockers and toe pans before moving on to the trunk pan and tail pan. Is this the best way to get started on this or should I be looking at a different plan of attack. I know I'm over my head here, but that's never stopped me before and after reading this site for many months I believe I can do this over time. Besides I enjoy it and it is a challenge. So any help or advice is greatly appreciated and I'm sure I will be back with more questions as I go.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
I think the full floor pan is where i would also start.

Please post photos and keep us updated.

otis bowtie-trifive

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Sounds like your plan is as good as any Alan !
agree with Otis here
Love too see some photo's posted ...why not start a build thread

·
Registered
3,143 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
If the rockers are really bad and the body is sagging or the doors don't line up I would be tempted to do the rockers and any 1/4 panel work and get the body all squared up and straight before cutting the floor out. That way the cowl and doors will be in the right place before you put the floor in and you won't end up with any surprises down the road. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I put some photos in an album, but haven't figured out how to get them into my post yet.
The floor was already cut out of the car when I got it and the doors were off and only held together by the dirt over the rust.:sign0020:
I will start a build post as soon as I can figure out how to post the pictures.

Thanks again.

Alan
:bowtier:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts